Munich Reinsurance Company of Africa, a leading global reinsurance company, is calling on recent actuarial graduates to apply for its Actuarial Graduate Programme intake for 2023 at its Johannesburg offices. If interested, make sure to view the role responsibilities and minimum eligibility requirements before applying
About Munich RE of Africa
German-based Munich Reinsurance Company is a leading international reinsurance firm with a global footprint spanning 50 countries and with a workforce of over 11,000 employees. Operations in Southern Africa started in Johannesburg in 1968 and carries the Munich Reinsurance of Africa Ltd., or MRoA brand.
Munich Reinsurance Actuarial Graduate Programme 2023
As part of the Actuarial Graduate Programme, you will be joining a team from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Also, it will be your responsibility to carry out these duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in soft skills as well as technical training
- Take part in cross-divisional team projects
- Contribute to various business projects of the company as needed
In addition, you will gain the following skills during training:
- Transform data derived from clients into workable format for analysis
- Utilizing provided tools in performing group risk quote calculations covering all benefits
- Identify price points with a set of assumptions provided
- Establish a clear understanding of pricing and modeling of transactions
- Perform risk identification, assessment, documentation and reporting
- Conduct movement analysis and data checks
- Carry out calculation, reporting and review of reserves
- Learn how to run and utilize actuarial models
- Gain a clear knowledge of pricing and modelling transactions
Who should apply?
You will need to meet these minimum requirements in order to be considered eligible to apply:
- A recent graduate of, or currently pursuing the final year of Actuarial Science qualification
- Must have a grade point average of at least 65%
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Capable of mathematical and statistical methods and analysis
*** RELATED GRADUATE JOB OPPORTUNITIES ***
- See all the latest Internship job listings here.
- See all the latest Graduate programme listings here.
How do I apply?
If you meet the initial eligibility criteria and would like to apply for this graduate position, access Munich RE’s application page and accomplish the online application form. Click the link below to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Munich Re Centre
47 Empire Road, Parktown
P.O. Box 6636
Tel.: +27 11 242-2000
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Munich Reinsurance Actuarial Graduate Programme 2023 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.