Munich Reinsurance, a leading global reinsurance company, is calling on recent actuarial graduates who are interested in sending an application and qualify for its Actuarial Graduate Programme the 2021 financial year.
The Munich Reinsurance Company of South Africa is a leading international reinsurance firm with a global footprint spanning 50 countries and with a workforce of over 11,000 employees. In South Africa, Munich Re has been in operation for more than 50 years, although the company has been operating in the continent a few years prior as Munich Re of Africa, or MRoA.
Munich Reinsurance Actuarial Graduate Programme 2021
As part of the Actuarial Graduate Programme, you will be joining a team from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Also, it will be your responsibility to carry out these duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in Soft Skills as well as Technical Training
- Take part in cross-divisional team projects
- Contribute to various business projects of the company as needed
In addition, you will gain the following skills during training:
- Transform data derived from clients into workable format for analysis
- Utilizing provided tools in performing group risk quote calculations covering all benefits
- Establish a clear understanding of pricing and modeling of transactions
- Perform risk identification, assessment, documentation and reporting
- Conduct movement analysis and data checks
- Carry out calculation, reporting and review of reserves
- Learn how to run and utilize models
The company offers:
- Excellent working environment
- Good work/life balance
- Competitive pay
- A level of support with upcoming actuarial exams
- Continuous learning and development
Who should apply?
You will need to meet these minimum requirements in order to be considered eligible to apply:
- A recent graduate of, or currently pursuing their final year of Actuarial Science qualification
- Must have a grade point average of at least 65%
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Capable of mathematical and statistical methods and analysis
How do I apply?
If you meet the initial eligibility criteria and would like to apply for this graduate position, click here to access the application page.
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 31 August 2020.
For further information about this graduate programme, send an email to email@example.com. Do not send applications to this email. Applications received through this email will not be reviewed.
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Munich Reinsurance Actuarial Graduate Programme 2021 advert.
- How long will it take to complete the graduate programme?
This graduate programme opportunity will run for a period of 12 months with the possibility of a 12-month extension.
- Where will the graduate programme take place?
The successful candidate will be based in Munich Reinsurance’s Johannesburg head office.