Munich Reinsurance, a leading global reinsurance company, is calling on recent actuarial graduates who are interested in sending an application and qualifying for its Actuarial Graduate Programme for the 2022 financial year. Make sure to view role responsibilities and minimum qualification requirements to find out if this is for you.
About Munich Reinsurance
The Munich Reinsurance Company of South Africa is a leading international reinsurance firm with a global footprint spanning 50 countries and with a workforce of over 11,000 employees. In South Africa, Munich Re has been in operation for more than 50 years, although the company has been operating in the continent a few years prior as Munich Re of Africa, or MRoA.
Munich Reinsurance Actuarial Graduate Programme 2022
As part of the Actuarial Graduate Programme, you will be joining a team from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Also, it will be your responsibility to carry out these duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in Soft Skills as well as Technical Training
- Take part in cross-divisional team projects
- Contribute to various business projects of the company as needed
In addition, you will gain the following skills during training:
- Transform data derived from clients into workable format for analysis
- Utilizing provided tools in performing group risk quote calculations covering all benefits
- Establish a clear understanding of pricing and modeling of transactions
- Perform risk identification, assessment, documentation and reporting
- Conduct movement analysis and data checks
- Carry out calculation, reporting and review of reserves
- Learn how to run and utilize models
The company offers:
- Excellent working environment
- Good work/life balance
- Competitive pay
- A level of support with upcoming actuarial exams
- Continuous learning and development at the Company’s head office in Johannesburg
Who should apply?
You will need to meet these minimum requirements in order to be considered eligible to apply:
- A recent graduate of, or currently pursuing their final year of Actuarial Science qualification
- Must have a grade point average of at least 65%
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Capable of mathematical and statistical methods and analysis
*** RELATED GRADUATE JOB OPPORTUNITIES ***
How do I apply?
If you meet the initial eligibility criteria and would like to apply for this graduate position, access Munich RE’s application page and accomplish the online application form. Click the link below to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications had been set as of this posting.
For further information about this graduate programme, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send applications to this email. Applications received through this email will not be reviewed.
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Munich Reinsurance Actuarial Graduate Programme 2022 advert.
If this internship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships open for application.