The National AIDS Committee of South Africa is looking for suitable individuals to submit their applications and join its upcoming Social Work Internship programme. Check the details below, especially the minimum qualification requirements before sending an application.
NACOSA is a joint effort of more than 1,800 civil society groups that aim to fight the spread of HIV-AIDS and tuberculosis in Southern Africa. Established in 1991, it was a key player in the implementation of an effective multi-sectoral action to raise HIV-AIDS and tuberculosis awareness in South Africa.
Today, NACOSA works to promote dialogue and build capacity with recognized mentoring, training, and technical assistance as well as channel resources in support of service delivery to the children, youth, target populations and women and girls.
NACOSA Social Work Internship 2021
The successful candidate will be supporting the Psycho-social Support and Global Fund Debriefing programmes of the NACOSA’s Adolescent Girls Young Women programmes.
The duties and responsibilities of the Social Work intern include:
- Carry out qualitative research studies, research proposal conceptualization, data analysis and collection, and report writing under the supervision of the programming specialist
- Present research findings on various relevant platforms
- Help out with desktop reviews in programme conceptualizations
- Support the GFD and Psycho-Social Support programmes
- Communicate with service providers including following up on queries and arrangements
- Assist with minute-taking during programme meetings
- Support the programme administrator with making arrangements for trainings, meetings, and events
- Analyze and document Case Management implementation within the AGWY programme
- Work with relevant Specialists
- Provide support with the execution of the case management model
- Assist with case management model drafts for AGWY
- Assist in generating monthly/quarterly internal and external reports
- Generate reports on training and workshops by programme specialists
Who should apply?
The minimum eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in Social Work with an SACSSP registration
- With 1 to 2 years of practicum background in an NGO
- Formal work experience not a requirement
- Must possess research and report writing skills
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
- Proficient in at least one South African language
- Preferably knowledgeable with the HIV/AIDS and TB field within the SA National Strategic Plan
- Understanding of psychosocial and mental support
- A South African national
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- Knows how to use Microsoft Office Suite and virtual meeting applications
- Amenable to travel across South Africa
How do I apply?
The deadline for submission of applications is on 4 December 2020.
For more information contact NACOSA’s head office at 021 552 0804 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where will it take place?
The successful candidate will be based in NACOSA’s Century City offices in Western Cape.
- How long will it take to complete?
The programme will run for a duration of 12 months.
Click here to view a PDF copy of the NACOSA Social Work Internship Programme 2021 advert.