The National Agricultural Marketing Council is calling on suitable candidates to submit their application for its Agricultural Economist Graduate Programme for 2021. Take a quick look at the position’s minimum qualification requirements and the other key job details to see if it’s a good fit.
Established in 1996 as directed by the Marketing of Agricultural Proclamation Act No. 47 of the same year, the National Agricultural Marketing Council helps in the creation of agricultural marketing policies in line with the MAP Act’s objectives. These strategic objectives include improving market access for all industry players and promoting effective marketing schemes for agricultural products.
In addition, the NAMC works on optimizing earnings from agricultural product exports, as well as enhancing the feasibility of the agricultural industry. It is important to note however, that the NAMC is primarily concerned with policy-making and not with the actual selling and marketing of agricultural commodities
NAMC Agricultural Economist Graduate Programme
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Conduct timely and reliable research work for specific programmes and projects
- Provide assistance with data gathering, analysis, and interpretation of data
- Review literature relevant to agricultural economics
- Work with stakeholders on agricultural issues
- Provide assistance with identifying market access opportunities for agricultural commodities
- Assist with designing market linkage schemes and generating reports
- Manage the linkage between startup producers and agricultural produce buyers to meet government objectives
- Produce programmes and projects as needed
Who should apply?
Candidates must be able to satisfy the following minimum eligibility requirements to apply:
- Holds an honour’s or bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics or any relevant qualification
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficient with computers
- Outstanding project management and coordination skills
- Deadline-driven and a sharp eye for details
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants will need to submit their application via email to email@example.com.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 05 March 2021.
For enquiries, contact the NAMC at 012 341 1115.
Click on the link to view a PDF file of the NAMC Agricultural Economist Graduate Programme 2021 advert.