The National Treasury of South Africa is inviting promising and hardworking graduates to submit their application and qualify for its Internship and Graduate Programmes for the 2021 intake. Be sure to go over the minimum qualifications and job description before applying.
Under the Office of the Minister of Finance, the Treasury is in charge of preparing the nation’s economic policy, prepares the annual budget and manages the finances of the government.
National Treasury Internship/Graduate Programmes 2021
In line with the National Treasury’s commitment to the nation’s youth and skills development, it offers the Graduate Development Programme to recent university graduates or students in their final year of qualification for 2020. This is a 24-month internship available to qualified individuals who are looking to gain essential workplace experience in the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Computer Networks
- Administration or Public Administration
- Development Finance, Economics or Studies
- Econometrics or Economics
- Finance or Financial Management
- Internal Audit
- Information Technology
- Law or LLB
- International Relations
- Public Policy
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics
- Public Finance
- Project Management
- Software Development
- Supply Chain Management
- Systems Development
- Quantity Surveying
- System Analysis
- Town Planning
- Tax Law and Taxation
Who should apply?
Candidates need to satisfy the following minimum requirements to apply:
- Holds at least a three-year diploma or postgraduate degree, or in the final year of recognized studies at an accredited HEI
- A South African citizen
- Have never been part of any internship programme in the past
- Must not be older than 35 years of age
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to register an account on the Department of National Treasury’s recruitment portal. Also, be sure to ready the certified copies of the following support documents for uploading during the application process:
- School qualifications e.g. senior certificate
- ID document
- Complete official academic transcript
- Tertiary qualifications, if applicable
Click the link to access the National Treasury’s registration page.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 September 2020.
Kindly consider your application as unsuccessful if no feedback is received three (3) months past the deadline.
For enquiries get in touch directly with the following NT personnel:
Welcome Nghulele: 012 315 5943
Mmabatho Sepeng: 012 395 6653
Anne Tjale: 012 395 6608
Click the link to view the National Treasury Internship/Graduate Programmes 2021 advert in PDF format.