The NedbankGroup, one of the country’s leading financial services companies, is calling on qualified graduates who would like to send in their application and apply for the company’s CA (Chartered Accountant) Training Programme for the 2020 financial year.
NedBank is part of the Nedbank Group, which is one of Africa’s largest financial services companies providing retail and wholesale banking, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions. These diversified services are delivered through its front line clusters which include Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking, the Rest of Africa, Nedbank Wealth and Nedbank Retail and Business Banking.
In South Africa, Nedbank Group operates in six locations and employs close to 32,000 employees all across Africa. As the company expands further, it needs more people to meet the demand.
Nedbank CA Training Programme 2020
As part of the Nedbank CA Training Programme, the successful applicants are to comply with the training regulations of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants. Moreover, the duties and responsibilities of the CA trainees are as follows:
- For the whole duration of the training period (articles), participants will be switching into various departments within the bank
- Ensure deliverable are aligned within sound TATs to role specifications as well as rotations while adding value by looking for opportunities that will enhance business systems and processes
- Proactively participate in programme committee and structures such as the recruitment committee, social committee and marketing committee
- Help cultivate a work culture that helps facilitate the achievement of transformation goals by getting involved in culture building activities including staff surveys.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic requirements in order to apply:
- NQF Level – holds an advanced diploma or National 1st degrees
- Preferably with a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce: Accounting
Must have knowledge in:
- Admin systems and procedures
- Business and banking principles
- Cluster-specific operations
- Data Analysis
- Risk, Controls and Governance
- Relevant systems and software knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
Required behavioral competencies
- Good communication skills
- Applied learning
- Able to handle stress
- Solid decision making skills
- Effective work management skills
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum requirements and would like to push through with the application, register an account to be able to apply. Click here to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For any other enquiries about the training programme, get in touch directly with the Nedbank Recruitment Team.
Tel: +27 860 555 566
- How long will it take to complete the training?
- This CA training will run for a period of three years.
- Where is the location of the traineeship programme?
Training will be held in Nedbank’s Johannesburg offices.
Click here to view the Nedbank CA Training Programme 2021 advert.