Nedbank is a leading financial services company in South Africa. It offers a wide range of financial products like insurance, wealth management, asset management, and financial consulting to its clientele. Founded in 1888, it is one of the oldest finance companies in Africa.
The finance company has over trillion Rand worth of assets with headline earnings of R5.3 bn in 2021. It has consistently delivered positive gains for the investors over the years.
Nedbank is also one of the largest employers in the country. It employs thousands of people in South Africa, with many graduates joining the company each year.
Nedbank Graduate Trainee/Internship 2022
Nedbank has a number of development programmes for recent graduates and existing employees. The Nedbank Graduate Trainee Programme is one of them.
Its objective is to help recent graduates get skilled by exposing them to the real-life working conditions of the financial sector. They will be working for the company in a designated role and performing day-to-day tasks. Upon completion, the graduates will receive a certificate of completion from Nedbank.
The Graduate Trainee: Wealth Management programme will expose you to the working environment of wealth management. You’ll be working under the supervision of an experienced wealth manager and gain valuable skills.
More specifically, here are some of the job responsibilities:
- Complete all the assigned administrative and secretarial duties
- Interact with internal and external clients to assess needs and recommend solutions
- Give business presentations to various stakeholders and gather feedback
- Create strategies and work relationships to achieve work targets
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis for market recommendation
- Participate in Nedbank Culture building initiatives and improve the work culture
- Evaluate the performance of various funds and investments
- Develop software proficiency as per the project requirement
- Create documentation to express ideas and present facts
- Keep an eye on the current and upcoming legislation and industry news
All in all, you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment and learning along the way. The internship programme will last for a specific period of time. Also, the interns will receive remuneration for their contributions. Shortlisted candidates will get more information via email. If you do not receive any communication, consider your application unsuccessful.
Who should apply?
Nedbank lays out specific eligibility criteria for the Wealth Management internship programme 2022. Everyone applying for it must fulfill all of the criteria. Failing to do so will lead to the rejection of your application. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for Nedbank Graduate Trainee: Wealth Management programme are:
- A South African citizen
- Have completed Matric/Grade 12/National Security Certification. Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees are also eligible (those studying towards CFP are preferred)
- 0-2 years of experience in finance or a related industry
- Strong work ethics
It’s beneficial if the applicants have proficiency in the following technical subjects:
- Banking procedures
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Data analysis
- Governance, risk, and controls
- MS Office
- Business writing
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
Moreover, here are the expected behavioural competencies:
- Applied learning
- Strong communication
- Customer focus
- Work standards
- Work management
It’s a merit-based trainee programme, and those with superior performance or attributes will get preference. Applicants belonging to historically underrepresented groups will get priority over others.
How do I apply?
To apply for the trainee programme, you must apply at the official online portal. Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to start your application. You’ll be required to create an account to proceed. Alternatively, you can apply with your LinkedIn profile directly. Complete your account details as per the instructions. It’s vital to provide updated contact details and work experience.
Along with that, you may have to submit the following documents:
- ID documents
- Matric certificate
- Academic records and transcripts
- Work experience letters, if any
- A motivational letter supporting your candidature
Review your application one last time and submit it. You’ll get a response within a few days or weeks of the closing date.
The deadline for submission of the application is 28 February 2022. Late submissions will not be considered by Nedbank.
For further details regarding the trainee programme, contact Nedbank recruiting team at +27 860 555 566.
If this internship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships open for application.