Nestlé South Africa is inviting interested and deserving individuals to send their application process to its Nestlé Future Talent Bursary Scheme
Considered as one of largest food and beverage manufacturers out there, the Nestlé Group has posted it’s 2014 annual sale at 89.8 billion Swiss Francs. It’s global footprint spans 191 countries around the globe with 418 factories and 328,000 employees.
Nestlé is committed to improving the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future for everyone. This is the company’s way of contributing to society while making sure of the company’s success in the long term.
This global company has over 2000 brands ranging from local household names to internationally-known products. They offer a wide range of products meant for humans and pets alike.
Nestlé Future Talent SA Bursary Scheme
Also called the NFT Bursary scheme, Nestlé South Africa provides such bursary programmes to its employee’s children as well as non-employees who meet the company’s programme requirements. This effort is to ensure a steady, reliable stream of skilled talent that will meet Nestlé’s staffing needs in the future. The programme also hopes to address South Africa’s growing skill shortage.
Nestlé’s bursary programme allows deserving, qualified students to study at a recognized South African university. Depending on the bursar’s qualification, the program may cover education expenses until an undergraduate level.
The bursary will cover everything and includes tuition and registration fees, travel and lodging expenses, prescribed text books and meal allowances. Please note that bursaries are awarded once year and may be renewed depending on the bursars academic results and availability of bursary funds.
Here is a list of recognized fields of specialization:
- Engineering (Electronic, Industrial, Mechanical, Automation, Mechatronic, Robotics and Instrumentation Engineering)
- Food Technology
- Data Communication
- Data Science
- Digital Media
- Digital Marketing
- Media Communications
- Design/Digital Animation
- Brand Management
- Innovation and Design Thinking
- E-Commerce Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Technology and Innovation Management
- Agroecosystems and Environment Management
- Agriculture Economics and Management
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
- Commercial Science
- Food Science and Technology
Here are important reminders before deciding to apply under Nestlé’s bursary program:
- You need to sign a contract in which you agree to work at Nestlé SA after successful completion of the course, unless there are no positions open at the time of graduation
- Service commitment is typically on a year-to-year basis unless specified
- You will repay the bursary funding in the event that you fail to fulfill the agreement
- The repayment will usually include administration costs and interest
The Nestlé Future Talent Bursary Programme does not guarantee permanent employment once a bursar finally completes his/her tertiary education.
Requirements or Eligibility
Make sure to go through this list of requirements before sending your application:
- The applicant must have an annual household income of no more than R600,000
- Must be a Grade 12 student, a university student or a tech student
- Students must be able to satisfy the university’s admission requirement. A Grade 12 student must have an overall overage of 75% in Math and Science if interested in pursuing an engineering course
- Available only to South African citizens or permanent residents unless stated otherwise
Click here to view the NFT Bursary Programme 2019.
How to Apply
A third-party service provider called Career Wise manages Nestlé SA’s bursary programme. You will need to go to their website and register an account to be able to submit a bursary application.
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is on 24 August 2019. Late and incomplete application will not be considered for review.
For more details about Nestlé’s bursary programme, call them directly at 086 100 7787 or visit their website by clicking here. Alternatively, you can also email Career Wise at firstname.lastname@example.org.