Founded in 1866, Nestlé is one the leading food and beverage makers in the world. Its global footprint spans 191 countries and carries over 2,000 brands. The company’s founder was Henry Nestlé, a Swiss pharmacist who started the company by making an infant cereal. Nestlé has a number of community outreach initiatives one of which is the Nestlé South Africa Internship Programmes.
Nestlé SA Internship Development Programme (IDP) 2019
Nestlé’s IDP is currently offering two internship programmes – the first one is for Marketing interns and the second is for Supply Chain interns. In most cases, the company’s internship programme offerings run for a duration of 12 months.
Nestlé South Africa’s Marketing Internship Programme for the 2019 academic year is focused on attracting fresh talents to join their Digital Marketing team. This programme is part of the Nestlé Internship Development Programme, and aims to acquire graduates that will help the company achieve and maintain its goal to remain as one of the top companies in the nutrition, wellness and health. This Marketing Internship Progrmme is looking for interns who will perform the following functions:
- Provide an outstanding customer experience
- Provide help in consumer profiling, development as well as consumer engagement funnels for Nestle brands
- Knows practical applications of brand essence
- Provides help in effective management of 60/40+basket, NHW dashboard, packaging, CSV and services connected to their brand
- Highly familiar with in-store environment. consumer behavior and in contributing to category, customer promotions and channel
- Provide assistance in development and execution of effective and expertly devised ICP and brand planning
- Contribute in the development and creation process of engagement strategies and fulfilling brand experiences
- Interns are expected to work with communication and information agencies to ensure brand communications results in enhancing the company’s image as a trusted NHW leader
Nestlé SA’s Supply Chain Internship Programme is in immediate need of interns who are able to perform the following duties:
- Developing competencies for work readiness in the workplace as well as viable placements for the interns
- Must be able to contribute quantifiable and concrete value to the organization by meeting key performance indicators
- Willing to learn all facets of the distribution center’s operation
Successful completion of the Nestlé SA Marketing Internship Programme may lead to permanent employment within the company. However, it is the prerogative of the company whether the intern will be taken in for permanent employment or not.
Requirements or Eligibility
In order to be reviewed for Nestlé SA’s Marketing Internship Programme 2019, the following basic requirements must be met:
- Applicants must have intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, basic sales background, strong admin skills
- Possesses good coordination and planning skills
- Able to communicate well and proactively promote healthy team, discussion
- Must have a National diploma with Digital experience preferred but not a requirement
For Supply Chain interns, applicants must have the following:
- Obtained a degree or diploma in Supply Chain management or any relevant studies
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Fast learner
- Good interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the internship programme’s minimum requirements will need to go to Nestlé SA’s website where they will register to create a profile and be able to apply. Click on the link below to get started with the registration process:
Opening and Closing Date
The Nestlé SA Marketing Internship Programme and the Supply Chain Internship Programme were was posted on 28 December, 2018. No closing date has been announced yet.
Want to know more about Nestlé South America? Click on the link below to get to know more about the company.