The new Z83 form Application for Employment is available for download. It has been updated effective January 2022 to make the application process more manageable. It will be possible to edit, save, and send the DPSA Z83 form online, eliminating the need for printing. We also show you how to fill out the the new Z83 form below.
In the recruitment process, the new Z83 is used by all government, local and provincial governments, and all parastatals.
Attached to the application should be a comprehensive CV and copies of qualifications and identity documents (all documents must be submitted as PDF attachments in one email and no more than 10MB in size).
How to Fill New Z83 Form
The Z83 Form has often been challenging to fill by candidates applying for vacancies in the South African government departments. Here is a step-by-step directory of filling a New Z83 form as required by the government of South Africa when applying for vacancies. This form is more straightforward to fill out than the previous versions.
1. Position advertised
The job title should match the vacancy advertisement. The title should not be changed or shortened.
Briefly write the government department advertising the vacancy. For example, Basic Education
3. Vacancy Reference Number
The Z83 form should be filled out for each government vacancy with its reference number.
4. Indicate The Time You Wish To Start
In the event that you are successful at your interview, please indicate when you would like to start your new job.
5. Write Your Date Of Birth Correctly
Start by writing your birth date, then your month, and finally your year.
6. Contact Details
Don’t forget to fill in your contact details on the form, as well as two phone numbers if necessary. A phone call is faster and more direct than other means of communication, so it is better to be contacted that way.
7. Preferred Language
Specify the preferred language of your response in one language.
In your career, you have earned a number of formal qualifications. If you want recruiters to notice you, start with your highest qualification. According to the form, you should order your qualifications from highest to lowest.
When you are looking for a job, references are essential. You can list up to three references on the Z83 form. It is strongly recommended that you include all three references.
A signature and a date should be included in your application. You should initial the bottom right corner.
See also: Sassa Status Check
Things You Should Keep In Mind When you Fill The New Z83 Form
- Except as required and permitted by law, all information will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not be divulged or used for any other purpose than to assess a person’s suitability. The information on your ID or passport must match the personal details you have provided on the form.
- If you are not a South African, you will need your passport number.
- The department needs this information in order to comply with the Employment Equity Act, 1998.4. This information will be considered only if it directly relates to the position’s requirements.
- Following internal information security and disciplinary codes, the Executive Authority shall consider the criminal record (s) against the nature of the job.
- In cases where the space provided is insufficient, the applicant can submit additional information separately.
- Unless the advertisement stipulates otherwise, departments must accept certified documents accompanying the application(s) with certifications up to 6 months old.