Oasis Group Holdings is a privately owned holding company for a group of financial services company specializing in fund administration and investment management. The company has received a number of awards from well known rating agencies for its innovative management and investment services. These services include a broad range of ethical products managed according to Islamic standards as well as a wide variety of conventional products. Moreover, it offers qualified individuals bursary funding through its Oasis Bursary Programme.
From managing funds of institutional investments, government-managed retirement portfolios to charitable trusts and parastatals, Oasis Group Holdings strive to provide lower than market risks.
The Oasis Bursary Programme
The Oasis Bursary Programme is in search of deserving and highly qualified students who would to be part its bursary programme offering.
Here are few bursary facts to consider before sending in your application:
- Selected bursars must be pursuing a field of study prescribed by the programme
- Any amendments to the course initiated by the bursar must have the approval of the company
- You must maintain a 70% average for the whole duration of the bursary. It is your responsibility to report regularly to Oasis regarding this matter
- All bursars are required to attend the company’s vacation work programme
- You will work for Oasis for the same length of time you are on the programme (plus one calendar year) upon completion of the course
- You are required to send a written request to Oasis should the need to accept any bursary funding from another source come up
While a bursar is required to render services to Oasis commensurate to the duration of the bursary funding after graduation, permanent employment may still depend on several factors (e.g. workforce requirements, performance appraisal).
Requirements or Eligibility
Make sure to review the basic requirements and qualifications needed to be considered for the programme.
Here the fields of the study that an applicant can pursue to qualify for bursary funding:
Bachelor of Business Science – with specialization in Finance with Accounting, Information Systems, Economics with Marketing, Law, Quantitative Finance, Organizational Psychology, Finance Analytics
Bachelor in Commerce with specialization in – Actuarial Science, Management Studies, Financial Accounting majoring in Gen Accounting, Chartered Accountant or Accounting with Law, Information Systems and Computer Science, Economics and Finance, Statistics and Economics with law, Organizational/Industrial Psychology, Bcom Law, Philosophy and Politics and Economics among others
Bachelor of Science with specialization in – Applied Math or Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, Business Computing, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, and more
Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor in Social Sciences with specialization in – Media and Writing, Film and Television Studies, Economics, Visual Communications, Graphic Design, Digital Marketing, Web Design, Copywriting, Brand Building and Management, Strategic Brand Management, Computer Sciences and more
How to Apply
Applicants who satisfy the programmes basic requirements are instructed to:
- Download the application form
- Fill out the application form completely and accurately
- Copies of requested documents must be true certified copies of the original
- Gather all required documents. Refer to the checklist below from time to time to make sure nothing is left out.
- Accomplished Bursary application form
- Copy of ID or Passport document
- Medical certificate
- Statement of monthly household income
- Monthly budget showing income and expenses
- For Grade 12 students, academic records (Grade 10 to latest Matric results)
- Copies of all academic records
- Copies of all academic certificates
- Copy of Bursary Agreement
- Copy of Acceptance Letter from a recognized Higher Education Institution
- Tax invoice showing institution fees
- Testimonial from School Head, Dean, Principal or Teacher
- Updated CV
- A 2-minute video created by the applicant talking about himself/herself, famaily background, qualifications and achievements, leadership skills, work background (if any), career objectives, motivations, books/articles read
- Letter of recommendation from parent or guardian
- Required documents be arranged according to how their are shown above
- Attach clear, colored passport-size photo
Download the application here:
Applications via email ca be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or sent via post or hand-delivered to:
The Recruitment Office
Oasis Group Holdings
96 Upper Roodebloem Rd
Applicants should receive an email or post confirming the receipt of the application within two weeks of sending. Otherwise, consider the application as rejected if no confirmation has been received.
Opening and Closing Dates
Unless updated by the company to suit its business needs, the program begins accepting applications in January of each year.
Oasis Bursary Officer
021 413 7860
Want to know more about Oasis Group Holdings? Visit their website by clicking on the link below.