Los Angeles-based OIA is looking for interested and suitable candidates for its upcoming Freight Forwarder Trainee Programme for 2022. Should you be interested in applying, make it a point to review the basic eligibility requirements and job description of the role before doing so.
Incorporated in 1998 in Portland, Oregon, U.S.A, Oregon International Air Freight offers a wide range of expedited cargo forwarding solutions including customs brokerage, warehousing, distribution, packaging redesign, management and sourcing, supply chain services, and more.
OIA Freight Forwarder Trainee Programme 2022
The successful candidate’s main role is to support all supply chain procedures from delivery coordination to shipping documentation management with the ultimate goal of ensuring OIA customers have access to timely and accurate shipment updates on demand. In order to achieve this objective, the Freight Forwarder Trainee is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Post accounts payable invoices; send invoices to customers
- Track shipments and update milestones in the system in the most timely manner
- Prepare shipping documents e.g. invoices and bill of lading
- Keep track of and chase the destination/origin office for milestones, invoices, etc.
- Ensure compliance of customer documents such as PO numbers, invoices, and packing lists
- Keep documents within the system are up to date and confirm milestones and data accuracy in customs documents are compliant with customer requests
- Provide assistance to the Operations team with shipment planning
- Give customers access to regular updates and information regarding the status of their shipment
- Submit requests for arrival notices and carrier releases
The Freight Forwarder Trainee role is an entry-level position with the possibility of contract renewal depending on your performance as well as the manpower requirements of the branch.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must possess the following minimum eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Preferably with a good understanding and knowledge of the fright forwarding industry
- Effective organizational skills and able to prioritize work and make deadlines
- High level of accuracy and sharp eye for details
- Knows how to make full use of Outlook and Excel
- Solid communication skills including high proficiency in written and oral English
How do I apply?
Those who are eligible to apply may do so by first registering their profile on OIA’s online recruitment platform. Click the link below to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications had been set as of this posting.
Find out more about OIA by visiting their website.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the OIA Freight Forwarder Trainee Programme 2022 advert page.