Old Mutual is calling on suitable individuals who would be interested in sending in their application and possibly qualify for its Call Centre Agent Trainee Programme. Details about this traineeship opportunity are available for further reading below.
Founded in South Africa in 1845, Old Mutual is an investment, insurance, savings and banking company with offices operating all across the African continent and around the world. As a premium financial services group, Old Mutual Limited provides investment, life assurance, savings, personal insurance solutions, and banking and property solutions.
At present, Old Mutual has a workforce of 30,000 employees and operates across 14 countries. In 2017, the company served a customer base of over 12 million and with operational funds amounting to R1.2 trillion. It currently trades in the Zimbabwe, Namibia, London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges.
Old Mutual Call Centre Agent Trainee 2020
The successful applicants will primarily be delivering client services by taking incoming calls and performing outbound calls in compliance with productivity, quality and procedural metrics. The duties and responsibilities of the incumbent are as follows:
- Handle client queries over the phone or via email in compliance with the standards imposed by the call center
- Meet client needs as per guidelines
- Resolve calls/issues the first time around
- Make sure complex issues are escalated according to the protocol
- Receive inbound calls and share relevant data
- Take ownership and responsibility of tasks
Who should apply?
Applicants who meet the following minimum eligibility requirements may apply for this internship opportunity as soon as possible:
- Completed matric or relevant NQF qualification
- Will be pursuing a tertiary level education preferably correspondence students
- Must be computer literate with knowledge in MS Office, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Capable of prioritizing work
- Able to produce results
- Solid communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively with coworkers and clients in pursuit team goals
- Amenable to work shifts as needed
- Able to think strategically
- Innovative with a “customer first” attitude
What is the selection process?
The selection of applicants is based on Old Mutual’s Employment Equity Plan.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to push through with the application process will need to register an account on the company’s recruitment portal. If you haven’t already, click here to register an account.
No deadline has been set as of this writing.
For enquiries and technical issues experienced during the application process, send an email to iRecruitment@oldmutual.com.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Old Mutual Call Centre Agent Trainee Programme advert.