Old Mutual is inviting suitable individuals who would be interested in sending in their application and possibly qualify for its TechTalent IT Graduate Programme for 2021. Be sure to review the minimum qualifications and details about the role before submitting an application.
Founded in South Africa in 1845, Old Mutual is an investment, insurance, savings and banking company with offices operating all across the African continent and around the world. As a premium financial services group, Old Mutual Limited provides investment, life assurance, savings, personal insurance solutions, and banking and property solutions.
At present, Old Mutual has a workforce of 30,000 employees and operates across 14 countries. In 2017, the company served a customer base of over 12 million and with operational funds amounting to R1.2 trillion. It currently trades in the Zimbabwe, Namibia, London and Johannesburg Stock Exchanges.
Old Mutual TechTalent Graduate Programme 2021
In line with the company’s commitment to helping new graduates realize their potential and providing growth opportunities, Old Mutual invests in future leaders by offering various graduate programmes and internships. Through its TechTalent Graduate Programme, the company strives to promote competitive growth not only in South Africa but the whole of Africa. Moreover, Old Mutual works to drive innovation and make optimal use of technology to enhance customer and intermediary interactions, grow talent and develop an exceptional brand.
As part of the TechTalent Graduate Programme, successful candidates can look forward to the following:
- Gain formal work experience and an opportunity to acquire at least one certification
- Gain knowledge of essential strategic IT initiatives
- Receive support and coaching from a dedicated or contracted business mentor
- Take part in current industry events and conferences as needed
- Collaborate with strategic partners for developing opportunities or gaining further experience
- Continuous mentorship and development opportunities
- An opportunity to gain certification in existing and emerging technologies
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must possess the following minimum requirements to apply:
- Must be a South African national not older than 26 years old
- Attained a 65% GPA in their final year of qualification
- A graduate of, or currently in the final year of undergraduate or postgraduate university studies in the following fields of study:
- BSc, Bcom or Honours in Information Systems
- BCom in Computer Science
- BCom in Finance or Business with technology modules
- National Diploma (3 years) or Advanced Diploma in Information Technology
- Preferably with skills in at least one of the following programming languages:
What is the selection process?
The selection of successful applicants will be based on Old Mutual’s current Employment Equity Plan.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profiles on the company’s recruitment page. Click here to access the page.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 September 2020.
For enquiries and technical issues experienced during the application process, send an email to iRecruitment@oldmutual.com.
Click here to access a PDF copy of the Old Mutual TechTalent Graduate Programme 2021 advert.