OneWorld, a consulting organization, is in need of a suitably qualified individual who is interested in submitting an application and qualify for its Research Internship Programme for 2021.
Established in 2002, OneWorld is a private consulting organization that focuses primarily on issues concerning climate change primarily in Africa and the rest of the world. It prides itself on its strong integrated approach to tackling projects as well as building relationships with private and public organizations. OneWorld offers technical analysis, applied research and publishing services to clients and partner organizations in the field of natural resource management, climate change, green growth, energy and socio-economic development.
OneWorld Research Internship
The successful candidate will be providing administrative and research support to current projects as well as carrying out tender tracking and helping out in creating proposals and reports. Moreover, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire valuable knowledge on project life cycles and project-based development tasks in the field of climate change.
In detail, the duties and responsibilities of the research intern are as follows:
- Support the company’s projects and proposals by conducting thorough research works and investigation
- Effectively translate contract and proposal requirements into project preference
- Reformat project references and CVs for the purpose of acquiring and documenting project lists
- Perform investigative and desktop work
- Keep track of, gather and organize data and information into databases for easy retrieval when needed
- Analyze data and information for the purpose of creating briefing papers to support project objectives
- Stay up-to-date with useful information, tools, resources, technological and technical advancements in relevant fields to make sure research capacity is at par with current technologies
- Conduct regular monitoring of insights and trends on the organizations climate resilience programmatic focus points
Who should apply?
Review of applications is limited only to candidates who meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Must be a recent Masters degree graduate or currently in the research phase towards their Masters qualification
- South African nationals or foreign nationals who hold permanent residency status or preexisting right to work
- Fluent in written and spoken English as plus points for fluency in any official South African language
- Knowledgeable in analysis, research methodologies and report writing
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication, writing and typing skills
- Able to multi-task on various projects and able process information effortlessly
- A great team player and an effective self-starter who can work independently
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates who wish to apply for this internship opportunity may do so by submitting the following:
- Comprehensive CV
- Transcript of university grades
- Letter of motivation
- Sample of written work
- Soft copy of the Masters thesis/dissertation would be helpful
Send your application documents to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for review.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing
.For enqiries, contact OneWorld directly at:
Tel.no: 27 (0)21 286 9000
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the OneWorld Research Internship Programme advert.