The Oudtshoorn Municipality, in partnership with the Provincial Treasury, is calling on suitable candidates to submit their application to qualify for its Municipal Bursary Programme for the 2020 academic year.
Covering a land area of about 3,537 sq km and stretching all the way back from the Swartberg mountains to the northand Outeniqua Mountains to the north, the Oudtshoorn Municipality is located in the Western Cape Province. In 2011, the municipality had a population of 95,933.
Oudtshoorn Municipal Bursary Programme 2020
Oudtshoorn’s Municipal Bursary Programme is awarded to students who are currently pursuing postgraduate and undergraduate studies as well as Grade 12 learners, including those who were able to pass Grade 12 and are all in need of financial assistnce to further their studies.
The bursary programme seeks to develop high-potential learners and undergraduate students and is awarded with partiality to applicants belonging to previously disadvantaged societal groups. The bursary award amounts to R40 000 per year.
Who should apply?
Candidates will need to satisfy the following prerequisites in order to be eligible for consideration:
- Undergraduate students taking up any of the following prescribed fields of study:
- Internal Audit
- Supply Chain Management
- Risk Management
- Preferably belonging to previously disadvantaged groups
- Post-graduate students taking up the prescribed courses
- Grade 12 students
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who wish to apply for bursary coverage will need to request an application from at Oudtshoorn libraries, municipal offices, Thusong Service Center, Youth Office and libraries during normal office hours. Make sure that the application is filled out correctly and the supporting documents are attached, otherwise it will not be accepted.
- Updated and comprehensive CV
- Certified true copies of qualifications
- Certified true copy of identity document (no older than three (3) months
- Statement of household income
- Proof of address (residential)
- For Grade 12 applicants, statement of results and proof of admission from a tertiary education institution
Send the application form along with the supporting documents and address to:
Development and Transformation
Department Corporate Services
PO Box 225
The deadline for submission of applications is on 22 November 2019.
Late submissions and incomplete documents will not be considered.
For further questions about this bursary opportunity, use the contact details below:
Tel: +27 (0) 44 203 3000
Click here to view the Oudtshoorn Municipal Bursary Programme for 2020 advert.
- How much is the bursary coverage?
The cost of the bursary award is up to R40 000 and is renewed each school year.
- Can a non-resident apply for a bursary coverage?
No, only Oudtshoorn residents are eligible to apply.
- Which tertiary educational level qualifies for the bursary?
Postgraduate, undergraduate and even Grade 12 students are eligible as long as they are currently studying.