The Municipality of Oudtshoorn in Western Cape is looking for suitable candidates who are interested in joining its Municipal Finance Management Internship Programme for 2020.
Covering a land area of about 3,537 sq km and stretching all the way back from the Swartberg mountains to the northand Outeniqua Mountains to the north, the Oudtshoorn Municipality is located in the Western Cape Provice. In 2011, the municipality had a population of 95,933.
Oudtshoorn Municipal Finance Management Internship Programme 2020
Oudtshoorn’s Municipal Finance Management Internship Programme is a work experience and structured professional training programme designed to provide interns practical work exposure and quality training within the office of the Municipal Budget and Treasury. Moreover, the internship programme seeks to develop skills and competencies gained from tertiary education by employing a logical training sequence.
Upon completion of the internship, the intern will earn earn credits of qualification in Municipal Finance Management.
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to meet the following minimum requirements in order to become eligible to apply:
- Must be intending to pursue or currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in any of the following fields of study:
- Management Accounting
- Auditing and/or Risk Management
- Must hold a valid driver’s license or learners (Code B)
- A South African citizen not over 35 years age
- Amenable to signing a commitment agreement. This agreement is meant to ensure that the intern will remain fully committed to academic performance and workplace procedures and policies
How do I apply?
Interested applicants who meet the aforementioned minimum requirements may apply by downloading the application form. The following supporting documents will need to submitted along with the application form:
- Cover letter
- Up to date and comprehensive CV
- Certified true copies of qualifications
- Identity document no older than three (3) months
- Minimum of at least three (3) references with valid contact information
All applications will need to be sent to:
The HR Manager
Transformation and Development
Department Corporate Services
P.O. Box 255
Training and Development Section
Voortrekker Road, Oudtshoorn
Click here to download the application form.
All applications must be submitted by 29 November 2019.
Consider the application as unsuccessful in no feedback is received within 30 days of the closing date.
For further questions about the internship, use the contact details below:
Tel: +27 (0) 44 203 3000
- How long does it take to complete the internship?
The internship runs for a duration of 24 months.
- Is this a paid internship?
The intern will receive a monthly stipend amounting to R120 000 p.a.