Applications are now open for the Overberg SCM Internship 2023 intake in Somerset West, Cape Town. Be sure to review the role’s basic eligibility criteria if you’re interested in applying.
About Overberg Water Board
Established in 1993 under the Department of Water and Sanitation, the primary responsibility of the Overberg Water Board is to function as a bulk portable water provider to the Water Services Authorities. In addition, this directive may further extend into providing services as stated in Section 30 of the Water Services Act.
Overberg SCM Internship 2023
Reporting directly to the Procurement Accountant, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to learn about Overberg Water board’s procurement processes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Organize quotations and bids in line with the Company’s legislative framework, as well as SCM policies and procedures
- Administer contracts in line with SCM’s contract management framework and guidelines
- Manage the contract register and update contract status accordingly
- Ready necessary documents for briefings, quotations, and tenders
- Process purchase requisitions from end users within required timeframes
- Create purchase order and provide assistance to Accounts Payable to speed up payment of invoices
- File SCM documents and ensure accessibility and security
- Advertise tender on the OWB website, National Treasury E Tender website, and CIDB if applicable.
- Close tender in accordance with SCM policies and relevant legislative requirements
- Prepare procurement reports for proposal requests or quotation requests
Who should apply?
You need to satisfy the role’s basic eligibility criteria listed below to qualify for consideration:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree, BTech qualification, or NQF 7 in Supply Chain, Finance, or Logistics
- Good problem-solving, communication, and customer service skills
- A South African citizen with a valid driver’s license
- Knows the basics of Microsoft Office productivity tools
- Able to thrive in a high pressure, deadline-driven work environment
- Must possess a sharp eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
- Works well within a team
- Strong communication skills
- A good team player and keen on learning various functions across the organization
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to complete an online application form on the Company’s job application page. Click the link below to get started:
Ref. no: OWOPS05
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
Trident Park 3, 1 Niblick Way,
Somerset West 7130
Tel: +27 (0)21 851-2155
Do not post queries if the Overberg SCM Internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you can go over our internship, graduate programme, or learnership listings that are currently accepting applications.