About the OVK Group
The OVK group is an agricultural company based in Ladybrand, South Africa. The company’s operations are well diversified in various agricultural areas, and they provide products and services of a wide range to their customers. The products that the OVK group purchases from its producers are also diverse – they deal with wool, livestock, mohair, Lucerne, grain, etc.
The OVK Group is committed to fulfilling its duties in an ethical and professional way. The company owns the Tweespruit Mill, which produces a range of mealie meal products, dog food under the brand name PowerPaws, and other pet foods like bird-seed and chicken feed. They also offer client financing solutions, agricultural services and insurance services.
OVK Retail Learnership 2022
The OVK Retail Learnership 2022 is being offered to ambitious and dynamic candidates who are qualified to join the OVK agriculture family. The learnership aims to give selected candidates practical exposure in the retail industry by giving them a chance to work with the OVK retail team.
The learnership covers the following for the selected candidates:
- Practical exposure in the retail industry.
- An opportunity to work with the OVK Retail team.
- A chance to gain business insight and acquire new skills.
- After completion of the program – a National Qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework.
Who should apply?
The minimum requirements that the applying candidate must fulfill to be awarded the learnership are listed below:
- The candidate must have completed their Matric education or grade 12.
- Afrikaans and English are the two required subjects the candidate should have taken and learned in school.
- A short curriculum vitae(CV) of the applicant needs to be submitted.
- Accounting and/or Mathematics are not compulsory subjects. However, if the candidate has one or both of these subjects on their transcripts, they will serve as a recommendation.
- Candidates belonging to the following groups can apply – South African Citizens, Non-South Africans, Permanent residents of South Africa and Non-South Africans with a work permit.
These are the skills that the candidate must possess in order to apply for the learnership program:
- Must have numerical skills.
- Must be computer literate and must know how to use MS Office.
- Good language and communication skills in both English and Afrikaans.
- Has good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure.
How do I apply?
The eligible candidates can apply to the OVK Retail Learnership 2022 by following the instructions given below:
- Click on this link to go to the careers page of the OVK website: https://www.ovk.co.za/Vacancy/Index/.
- Then scroll down until you find learnerships under the OVK careers section.
- Find your town and province name and open the link.
- Click on ‘Apply’ to start your application and fill out all the required details.
- Click on ‘Submit’ once done.
Ensure that you fill out all the required details and submit the required documentation along with your CV to be considered for the award.
In order to apply for the learnership program, the applicants must have the following documents ready:
- An identification document:
- If you are a South African citizen or a Permanent resident of South Africa, please keep your ID number and documents ready.
- If you are a foreign national or are in South Africa through a work visa, please keep your Passport ready.
- A valid driver’s licence is not compulsory but will be beneficial if the candidate can present it with the application.
- A clear copy of matric scores and certificates on the organisation letterhead.
- Proof of having taken Afrikaans and English language courses.
- Submitting the cover letter is optional.
It is important to note that the applicant must submit documents that are not optional. In case the documents are optional to submit, you can opt to omit the submission. However, you might have better chances of getting selected if you submit all the aforementioned documents.
The last date of application is 31 January 2022. Make sure that you submit the application for the learnership along with all other required documents to be considered as an awardee.
If you have any queries regarding the learnership program, you can get in touch with the OVK group using the following contact information:
Tel: 051 923 4500
E-mail ID: email@example.com
If this learnership has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other learnerships open for application.