The Oxfam SA Finance Trainee Programme 2023 opportunity is now accepting applications for it’s New Castle location in KwaZulu-Natal. Make sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and responsibilities of the role if you wish to apply.
Established in 1942 as the Oxford Committee for Famine Relief, Oxfam is an association of 21 independent charitable institutions that aims to alleviate global poverty. It has provided relief aid in times of global crises such as the North Korean famine, East Africa drought of 2011, Israeli-Plaestinian confilict, Nepal earthquake, Yemeni crises, and more. Oxfam is also known worldwide as a leading force in delivering water sanitation to conflict areas and impoverished areas in the world.
Oxfam SA Finance Trainee Programme 2023
As part of the Oxfm SA Finance Trainee Programme 2023 intake, the successful candidate will be working with one the organization’s Finance teams, including the teams in charge of processing money raised by the Organization through selling donated items and new products. The money raised by Oxfam helps fund many of its projects that seek to end global poverty.
The Oxfam Finance Trainee Programme 2023 role runs for a duration of 15 months under the supervision of the Manager.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Carry out various tasks rotating within a number of teams, including the team in charge of processing payments that fund Oxfam’s retail activities
- Work closely with other teams in ensuring timely and accurate recording of income into the financial accounting system
- Use initiative, confidently make decisions, and share ideas within Oxfam’s policies
- Acquire working knowledge of the Organization’s systems and processes within the finance team
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Possesses a genuine interest in finance and developing new skills
- Adhere to Oxfam’s procedures and policies under Manager supervision
- Effective numeracy skills and eager to acquire more
- Able to adapt to plan changes and new tasks
- Knows how to use MS Excel
- Resilient in resolving issues
- A strong team worker who can communicate well with diverse groups
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to fill out an online application form on Oxfam’s recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started:
Shortlisted candidates will need to pass a series of reference, medical, and vetting checks before an employment offer is made.
Note: Make sure to have an updated CV and cover letter (highlighting suitability for role) ready for uploading during the application process.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 20 April 2023.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not post any queries. You may want to view our other graduate programme, internship, and learnership listings that are currently open for applications.