Palabora Copper is calling on qualified and interested parties to send in their applications for Internship Programmes for 2019. View details about the learnership as well as the company by reading further below.
Palabora Copper is a division of Palabora Mining Company and is the only producer of refined copper in South Africa. Established in 1956, the company has an annual output of 60,000 tonnes of refined copper, supplying a big percentage of the country’s need and exporting the balance. It’s US$410 million underground mine produces 30,000 tonnes of ore daily and employs close to 2,200 individuals.
Palabora Copper Internship Programmes 2019
Palabora Copper is offering various internship opportunities to individuals with relevant degrees and with no relevant work experience. These internship opportunities run for a duration of 2 years and will have separate programmes for a select number of study fields, and are as follows:
- Metallurgical Engineering (Reference no: Met/Grad2019
- Geology (Reference no: Geo/Grad2019)
- Mechanical Engineering (Mech/Grad2019
- Electrical Engineering (Elec/Grad2019
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS/Grad2019
- Analytical Chemistry (AnaC/Grad2019)
- Mineral Survey (MinS/Grad2019)
Permanent employment at the end of the 2-year internship is not guaranteed.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants who satisfy the minimum requisites mentioned below are invited to apply:
- Must have a related B-Tech qualification or degree in the aforementioned fields of study
- Currently unemployed
- Without an active criminal record
- Between the age of 18 and 35
- A South African citizen
- Holds a valid driver’s license and a Ba-Phalaborwa citizen will be an advantage
How to Apply
If you meet the programme’s basic requirements, make sure to include the following supporting documents with your application:
- Application letter
- Comprehensive CV
- ID (certified copy)
- Certificate of matric (certified copy)
- Full results of tertiary academic performance
- Certified copy of National Diploma or Degree
- Proof of residence
Important: Indicate the corresponding reference number of your field of study in your application letter.
Click the link below to apply online:
Reminder: The link may not work if the internship programme is no longer available.
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is on 5 July 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For more details about this internship opportunity, please call:
Tshidi Moila, Limpopo – Phalaborwa
Tel: +2715 780 2911