Parmalat South Africa is one of the leading players in South Africa’s dairy industry. The company has been heavily engaged in manufacturing a wide range dairy industry since it started in 1998.
The company was founded in 1961 by a 22-year college dropout named Calisto Tanzi. He started with a small pasteurization plant located in Parma. The company quickly expanded, and 20 years later, became a multinational company manufacturing milk, beverage, bakery and dairy products. It became a publicly listed company by 1990 trading in the Milan stock change. By 2002, the company was valued at €3.7bn and employed around 30,0000 employee spread across 30 countries worldwide.
Parmalat Graduate Programmes
Parmalat operates a number of cross dock facilities, distribution centers and dairy plants all over South Africa. The company is constantly searching for qualified and talented new graduates to fill its Graduate Development Programme pool. These graduate programmes include the following:
- IT Graduate Pool (Stellenbosch, Western Cape)
- Human Resources Graduate – Pool (Stellenbosch, Western Cape)
- Quality Graduate – Pool (Cape Town, Western Cape)
- SHER Graduate – Pool (Cape Town, Western Cape)
- Technical Graduate – Pool (Capetown, Western Cape)
- Sales/Customer Marketing Graduate – Pool (Stellenbosch, Western Cape
- Finance Graduate – Pool (Bonnievale, Western Cape))
- Logistics Graduate – Pool (Gauteng, Centurion)
- Milk Procurement Graduate Pool – (Gauteng, Centurion)
- Procurement Graduate Pool (Stellenbosch, Western Cape)
Graduate trainees who successfully complete the programme can look forward to a permanent employment status in the department where they underwent training.
Requirements or Eligibility
Parmalat SA requires programme candidates to possess the following requirements:
- IT Graduate Pool – graduate of Information Technology with a degree in BI or Analytics
- Human Resources Graduate Pool – graduate of HR with a degree in Industrial Relations
- Quality Graduates Pool – tertiary degree in Food Science
- SHER Graduate Pool – obtained a degree in Environmental Management (SAMTRAC)
- Technical Graduate Pool – acquired a degree in Electrical, Process, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Logistics Graduate Pool – graduate of Logistics and Supply Chain with Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain subjetcs
- Finance Graduate Pool – acquired a Finance Degree (Management Accounting)
- Customer Marketing/Sales Graduate Pool – earned a degree in Customer Marketing or Sales with commercial subjects
- Milk Procurement Graduate Pool – acquired a degree in Graduate of Procurement studies and have taken Negotiation Strategies, Purchasing and Supply courses
- Procurement Graduate Pool – a degree in Agricultural and Animal Science
How to Apply
If you satisfy any of these basic requirements, visit the Parmalat SA’s recruitment page and sign up for the registration process. Click the link below and choose the “Graduates” category to get started.
Tel: 27 21 809 1400
Fax: 27 21 886 6939
Want to learn more about Parmalat South Africa as a company? Click on the link below to know more.