The Publishers’ Association of South Africa is currently inviting suitable individuals to send in their application for its Workplace Experience Programme that will start by 1 February 2021. Check the details of this internship opportunity here, including the minimum requirements you need to meet in order.
The PASA is the country’s largest publishing body and is committed to literacy, creativity, the free flow of ideas and promoting the culture of reading. Moreover, its objectives are as follows:
- Further the rights as well as the responsibilities of the country’s publishing sector
- Develop and execute the Association’s code of conduct and policy guidelines
- Closely study legislative and policy proposal that may impact the publishing sector
PASA Internship 2021
The PASA’s Internship Programmes is a structured placement scheme available to individuals who aims to build their careers in the book publishing industry with the objective of:
- Developing a rich human resource pool in the publishing industry
- Resolving the needs of the Fibre, Processing and Manufacturing SETA in relation to the country’s demographics
- Improving employability of graduates who are unemployed
Successful candidates will be interning with affiliate publishing companies involved in the Academic, Education and Trade sectors. Interns will receive a monthly stipend and will sign a contract committing them to the conditions and period of employment and involvement.
Who should apply?
Applications are open to candidates who meet the required minimum qualifications:
- Must be keen on pursuing and establishing a career in publishing
- Hold a tertiary degree
- Proactive, eager to learn and assertive
- Thinks independently and genuinely enjoys language and communication
What is the selection process?
The appointment of successful interns is based on FP&M SETA’s employment equity policies. Candidate interviews and appointments will take place in Western Cape and Gauteng.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to submit their application to email@example.com. Alternatively, PASA receives applications sent via fax to 021 -762-2763.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 September 2020.
For enquiries, contanct PASA directly at:
Tel: +27 21 762 9083
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the PASA Internship Programme 2020 advert.