The Western Cape government, in its sustained efforts to provide viable solutions to South Africa’s youth unemployment problem, is inviting qualified individuals to become part of the Premier’s Advancement of Youth internship programme.
Premier’s Advancement of Youth Internship Programme
Launched in May 2012 by the Premier of Western Cape, the aim of the PAY initiative is to generate opportunities for current students to obtain essential workplace experience. Selected interns will experience working within the various departments of the Western Cape government. The programme provides 24 months of mentoring, exposure to skills development training, and deciding on a future career, all with the aim of making the intern more viable in the job market. In addition, interns are given an intensive tutoring programme to improve their matric results.
Top performing interns who are interested in furthering their studies in agriculture have a chance to receive a full bursary. All interns will be provided a testimonial at the conclusion of the programme in order to make them more marketable.
While outstanding interns will get a chance to be full bursars if they pursue agriculture studies, the Western Cape government does not guarantee permanent employment upon successful completion of the PAY internship programme
Requirements or Eligibility
Applications that show the following minimum requirements will be reviewed:
- A South African citizen, not more than 24 years of age
- A resident of Western Cape
- Successfully completed the National Senior Certificate
- No current plans of studying further
- No access to a support network that can provide guidance in making informed career decisions
- Financially constrained
- Shortlisted applicants must agree to a personnel security check
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the aforementioned requirements are instructed to follow the application process as listed below:
- Head on to the Western Cape website and navigate to their e-recruit page to register your name and create an account
- Once you are able to log in, fill out the application form
- Attach updated CV along with a copy of your ID
- You will be required to write a brief description of yourself which includes your key skills/abilities, important achievements and career objectives
Click on the link below to access the e-recruit page:
Opening and Closing Dates
The PAY Internship Programme starts accepting applications in January of each year. Deadline for submissions typically set before the month ends. Check their website for announcements regarding specific opening and closing dates.
Direct any programme-specific enquiries using the following contact details:
Telephone: 021 808 5111
Fax: 086 624 5793
Applications sent via email, fax or hand delivery will be rejected.