Retail giant, Pepkor, is calling on suitable candidates to submit their application for its Specialty Buyer Trainee Programme intake for 2021. Make sure to go over the key details of the training programme before sending an application.
With over 5,400 stores and 56,100 employees spread across 11 countries in continental Africa, Pepkor is southern Africa’s largest retail store operator.
Pepkor’s roots trace back almost 100 years ago and have been offering quite a number of the most trusted household brands in South Africa. Years prior to the end of apartheid, black empowerment and the birth of a democratic South Africa, the PEP Store management has already started partnerships with a black-operated business.
Pepkor Specialty Buyer Trainee Programme 2021
The Specialty Buyer Trainee will be reporting directly to the Dunns Brand Manager and will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Create and capture orders as approved by buyers
- Ensure all placed orders are followed through
- Verify SKU tickets, requisition and orders are sent to the right suppliers
- Keep sample catalogue up-to-date regularly
- Proactively distribute reports to suppliers in a timely manner
- Manage good and bad sellers
- Compile and update support documentation on a regular basis
Who should apply?
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements below are eligible to submit an application:
- Completed matric or Grade 12
- Applicants with post qualifications will be given preference
- Possesses three to four years of buying experience in a retail setting
- Knows how to use Google Suite
What is the selection process?
Appointments will be done on the basis of the candidates’ potential to improve the team’s diversity and further contribute to the company’s employment equity provided that the minimum qualifications and competency requirements are met.
How do I apply?
Eligible will need to create an account on Pepkor’s recruitment page. Click here to get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 11 September 2020.
Having problems with the application process? Visit the FAQ page for more information.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Pepkor Specialty Buyer Trainee Programme 2021 advert.