PepsiCo, one of the top employers in South Africa, is opening its applications to talented and promising individuals who wish to join its R&D Work Integrated Learnership programme offering 2022. If you’re interested, make sure to take a look at the minimum eligibility requirements and role description before applying.
American multinational snack, beverage and food corporation, PepsiCo, has its headquarters in New York, USA. The company is also involved in the manufacture, marketing and distribution of grain-based beverages, snack foods and a lot of other consumer products.
PepsiCo was established in 1965 when the Pepsi-Cola Company merged with Frito-Lay, Inc. It has since expanded to a wider spectrum of food and beverage products. Tropicana Products and the Quaker Oats Company are two of the largest of such brands. PepsiCo products are present in over 200 countries and twenty-two of these PepsiCo brands pulled in retail sales amounting to more than $1 billion. In South Africa, PepsiCo currently operates three (3) sites that produce Simba and Lay’s chips.
Pepsico SA R&D Work Integrated Learnership
As part of Pepsico SA’s R&D Work Integrated Learnership, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Conducting routine product quality and analytical tests
- Initiating collection of base product from production lines developmental research
- Lead plant level preparation of lead samples for consumer research
- Supporting pilot plant maintenance in compliance with 5 S
- Facilitating seasoning functionality (i.e. Brookfield testing)
- Managing courier requests
- Working with external labs for microbiological and sodium testing
- Packaging machine operation
- Conducting follow-up lab tests and a wide range of other tests such as salt analysis, particle size analysis, oil analysis, etc.
Who should apply?
Applicants are required to satisfy these minimum eligibility requirements to apply:
- Completed Matric
- Finished 1st and 2nd-year modules in Biotechnology or Food Technology or any relevant qualification
- Achieved a 65% to 70% average aggregate
- A South African citizen
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates can apply by registering their profile on Pepsico’s online recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications had been set as of this writing.
Send your enquiries by filling out PepsiCo’s online contact form.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Pepsico SA R&D Work Integrated Learnership 2022 advert page.
If this learnership has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other learnerships open for application.