PepsiCo, one of the top employers in South Africa, is opening its applications to talented and promising individuals who would be interested in joining its Electrical Apprenticeship Programme offering for the 2020 financial year.
American multinational snack, beverage and food corporation, PepsiCo., has its headquarters in New York, USA. The company is also involved in the manufacture, marketing and distribution of grain-based beverages, snack foods and a lot of other consumer products.
PepsiCo was established in 1965 when the Pepsi-Cola Company merged with Frito-Lay, Inc. It has since expanded to a wider spectrum of food and beverage products. Tropicana Products and the Quaker Oats Company are two of the largest of such brands.
PepsiCo products are present in over 200 countries and twenty-two of these Pepsico brands pulled in retail sales amounting to more than $1 billion. In South Africa, PepsiCo currently operates three (3) sites that produce Simba and Lay’s chips.
Pepsi Co SA Electrical Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be performing the following duties:
- Diagnosing equipment breakdowns
- Work with technicians and employees to determine equipment performance prior to equipment reporting
- Determine if equipment failures are due to missed planned maintenance
- Make use of problem-solving techniques e.g. decision trees, 5 Whys, or RCA to identify the actual issue causing the breakdowns
- Utilize electrical test instruments when testing or troubleshooting motors, switchgear, transformers and other electrical tools for defects
- Accomplish job cards in collaboration with maintenance planner and acquire parts
- Preventive maintenance
- Conduct specific and/or ad hoc equipment and electrical testing
- Correct equipment and electrical systems malfunctions
- Dismantle electrical equipment and replace broken mechanical or electrical components
- Accomplish documentation work for future use
- Verify and perform preventive maintenance on electrical distribution equipment
- Keep engineering standards and equipment drawings as a reference when performing and closing out tasks
- Planned maintenance
- Make sure planned maintenance in accordance with Electrical plans is carried out in compliance with GMPs and protocols
- Process job cards including parts requisitions in a timely manner
- Function as an electrician who repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical equipment, circuits and appliances
- During plant breakdowns
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical breakdowns according to the protocol
- Demarcate workstations compliant with procedures to minimize work disruption and potential injuries
- Adhere to AIB and other food safety and environmental programmes
- Process documentation of tasks done and close ad hoc call out
- Update spares/parts records in conjunction with other stores
- Mount transformers, lighting fixtures and motors into place and complete circuitry works based on diagram specs
Who should apply?
Applicants are to meet the following minimum requirements in it be considered for the propgramme:
- Completed matric
- Holds at least an N4 to N6 qualification in electrical engineering
- Must possess solid electrical fault-finding capability
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics
- Knows how to use computers as well as Microsoft Office tools and maintenance software, preferably SAP
- With full knowledge of Environmental, Safety and Health Standards
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to pursue this apprenticeship opportunity will need to register an account on PepsiCo’s recruitment portal. Click here to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Check out this infographic for tips and to know more about the company’s application process.
Click the link to view the PepsiCo SA Electrical Apprenticeship 2020.