PepsiCo, one of the top employers in South Africa is opening its applications to talented and promising individuals who would be interested in joining its Lab Internship Programme offering for the 2020 financial year.
American multinational snack, beverage and food corporation, PepsiCo., has its headquarters in New York, USA. The company is also involved in the manufacture, marketing and distribution of grain-based beverages, snack foods and a lot of other consumer products.
PepsiCo was established in 1965 when the Pepsi-Cola Company merged with Frito-Lay, Inc. It has since expanded to a wider spectrum of food and beverage products. Tropicana Products and the Quaker Oats Company are two of the largest of such brands. PepsiCo products are present in over 200 countries and twenty-two of these Pepsico brands pulled in retail sales amounting to more than $1 billion. In South Africa, PepsiCo currently operates three (3) sites that produce Simba and Lay’s chips.
PepsiCo SA Lab Internship Programme
The successful applicant will be responsible for performing the following duties and responsibilities within the scope of a PepsiCo Lab Intern:
- Perform analytical testing on in-market product samples and provide monthly reports accordingly
- Carry out data management tasks as well as trending
- Ensure R&D equipment e.g. soxtec and salt analyzer are regularly calibrated
- Perform ad hoc and routine analytical product testing such as verifying oil content of NMR equipment vs soxtec
- Take part in quarterly on-site proficiency assessments
- Supervise lab technicians
- Acquire quotations, create K2, generate PO and send invoices to the finance department for payment processing
- Ensure compliance with EHS, Q&FS, Legal and other company procedures and policies
Who should apply?
In order to qualify, applicants must satisfy these minimum eligibility requirements:
- Has a diploma in Food Technology or any equivalent work experience
- Laboratory experience must at least 1 to 3 years
- Average proficiency in the use of computers
- Solid oral and written communication skills
How do I apply?
Candidates who meet the basic requirements and would like to apply for this internship will need to register an account on PepsiCon’s recruitment page. Click here to start the application process. Use the job code 201003BR to easily pull up the advert.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Check out this infographic for tips and to know more about the company’s application process.
Click the link to view the PepsiCo Lab Internship Programme 2020 advert.