PepsiCo, one of the top employers in South Africa, is inviting applications from talented and promising individuals interested in joining its Lab Internship Programme intake for 2022. Be sure to go over the minimum eligibility criteria and skills requirements of the role if you’re thinking of applying.
American multinational snack, beverage and food corporation, PepsiCo., has its headquarters in New York, USA. The company is also involved in the manufacture, marketing and distribution of grain-based beverages, snack foods and a lot of other consumer products. PepsiCo was established in 1965 when the Pepsi-Cola Company merged with Frito-Lay, Inc. It has since expanded to a wider spectrum of food and beverage products. Tropicana Products and the Quaker Oats Company are two of the largest of such brands. PepsiCo products are present in over 200 countries and twenty-two of these Pepsico brands pulled in retail sales amounting to more than $1 billion. In South Africa, PepsiCo currently operates three (3) sites that produce Simba and Lay’s chips.
PepsiCo SA Lab Internship Programme 2022
Based at PepsiCo’s Prospecton facilities in KwaZulu-Natal, the duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate include, but are not limited to:
- Performing routine analytical testing and product quality assessment
- Making sure data reports are fully accomplished and the results sent to the proper office
- Ensure R&D equipment are well-maintained and calibrated
- Carry out on-going troubleshooting to ensure improved quality of results and data accuracy
- Be responsible for stock requirements control
- Ready the lab for external and internal audits
- Ensuring documentation of data and auditing analysis
- Managing projects focused on enhancing quality as well as quality systems
- Taking charge of lab-specific projects
- Performing HACCP monitoring
- Ensuring compliance to food safety, AIB, and other relevant quality standards
- Providing assistance in AIB and FSSC 22000 audits, as well as trials and new projects
- Attending production meetings
- Providing support during lab trainings, particularly practical training
Who should apply?
In order to qualify, applicants must satisfy these minimum eligibility requirements:
- Completed matric and holds a diploma in Food Technology or any equivalent tertiary level qualification
- Work experience is not a requirement
- A South African citizen
How do I apply?
Candidates who meet the basic requirements and would like to apply for this internship will need to register an account on PepsiCo’s recruitment page. Click the link below to start the application process.
Job ref. ID: 285236BR
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Check out this infographic for application tips and to know more about the company’s application process.