One of the top employers in South Africa, Procter & Gamble, is in need of qualified and interested individuals to apply for its Production Internship Programme for 2020.
Procter & Gamble (P&G) Production Technician Internship
The successful candidate will be part of P&G’s Manufacturing department in the company’s Spartan plant located in Gauteng. The role is a full-time contract where the incumbent should expect to:
- Receive specific projects and instructions on Day 1
- Team up with hardworking co-employees and get into daily coaching sessions with a manager
- Gain work experience in a respectful and dynamic work environment
The duties and responsibilities of the Production Technician Intern are as follows:
- Operate machinery and load raw materials
- Perform daily area and machine maintenance
- Document and communicate area and/or machine breakdowns
- Ensure high-quality production output
- Make sure health and safety regulations are observed
- Help ensure daily production targets are met
Who should apply?
To be considered eligible for this internship opportunity, applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Holds an N3 qualification (or its equivalent) or matric certificate
- Must have a South African ID with green bar code or Smartcard
- Physically and mentally fit to work in a manufacturing environment
- Amenable to the working day or night shifts
- Good with collaborating with team members
- Must possess strong analytical skills in order to solve problems and come up with creative solutions
- Capable of setting priorities and delivering on commitments
- Able to thrive in a culturally diverse work environment
- A quick learner and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Able to demonstrate leadership and test the status quo
What is the selection process?
P&G assures applicants equal opportunities by employing an accessible and flexible recruitment process.
- Applicants will go through an online assessment to determine suitability for the position. Keep in mind that these assessments require complete concentration
- Assessments may be challenging and differ depending on the role being applied for. Some parts are timed and may take 20-60 minutes to complete
- Applicants who receive an invitation for interview (in person or via phone) can look forward to the situational and behavioral-based interview, carried either in one-on-one or panel interviews
How do I apply?
If you meet the eligibility requirements and would like to pursue this application, be sure to register your profile on the P&G careers portal. Click here to access the portal.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Click here to view Procter & Gamble Production Technician Internship Programme 2020 advert.