One of the top employers in South Africa, Procter & Gamble, is in need of qualified and interested individuals to apply for its Production Internship Programme for 2020.
Also called P&G, Procter & Gamble is a multinational company with headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. P&G specializes in a broad spectrum of personal/consumer health, as well as hygiene and personal care. These products are distributed into several categories, which include, Health Care, Grooming, Beauty, Fabric and Home Care, and Feminine, Baby and Family Care. The company’s product line included snacks, foods and beverages before Kellog’s purchase of Pringles and other Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) such as Pampers, Always, Gillette, Ariel and Oral B.
P&G South Africa’s headquarters is in Sandton, Johannesburg. It also operates a Pampers manufacturing plant in Spartan Kempton Park in Gauteng province. In total, P&G South Africa employs more than 300 employees.
Procter & Gamble (P&G) Production Technician Internship
The successful candidate will be part of P&G’s Manufacturing department in the company’s Spartan plant located in Gauteng. The role is a full-time contract where the incumbent should expect to:
- Receive specific projects and instrucions on Day 1
- Team up with hardworking co-employees and get into daily coaching sessions with a manager
- Gain work experience in a respectful and dynamic work environment
The duties and responsibilities of the Production Technician Intern are as follows:
- Operate machinery and load raw materials
- Perform daily area and machine maintenance
- Document and communicate area and/or machine breakdowns
- Ensure high-quality production output
- Make sure health and safety regulations are observed
- Help ensure daily production targets are met
Who should apply?
To be considered eligible for this internship opportunity, applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Holds an N3 qualification (or its equivalent) or matric certificate
- Must have a South African ID with green barcode or Smartcard
- Physically and mentally fit to work in a manufacturing environment
- Amenable to the working day or night shifts
- Good with collaborating with team members
- Must possess strong analytical skills in order to solve problems and come up with creative solutions
- Capable of setting priorities and delivering on commitments
- Able to thrive in a culturally diverse work environment
- A quick learner and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Able to demonstrate leadership and test the status quo
What is the selection process?
P&G assures applicants equal opportunities by employing an accessible and flexible recruitment process.
- Applicants will go through an online assessment to determine suitability for the position. Keep in mind that these assessments require complete concentration
- Assessments may be challenging and differ depending on the role being applied for. Some parts are timed and may take 20-60 minutes to complete
- Applicants who receive an invitation for interview (in person or via phone) can look forward to the situational and behavioral-based interview, carried either in one-on-one or panel interviews
How do I apply?
If you meet the eligibility requirements and would like to pursue this application, be sure to register your profile on the P&G careers portal. Click here to access the portal.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Click here to view Procter & Gamble Production Technician Internship Programme 2020 advert.