Philips South Africa is calling on suitable graduates to submit their application and possibly qualify for its Credit and Collections Trainee Programme. Be sure to do a quick review of the minimum requirements before applying.
What started out as small light bulb company, Philips is considered as one of the global leaders in the health technology industry. The company employs more than 80,000 professionals around the world. In Africa, Philips has a presence in all 54 countries with its headquarters located in Johannesburg, South Africa. In addition, Philips has a direct presence in four major African cities, namely, Casablanca, Accra, Nairobi and Cairo.
Philips SA Credit and Collections Trainee Programme 2021
As a Credit and Collections Trainee, the successful candidate’s primary role is to provide support to the Credit and Collections Manager with various financial analysis and reporting tasks. The duties and responsibilities of the successful trainee are as follows:
- Send out statements and invoices to customers
- Execute system-established collection plan
- Monitor and analyze delinquent account balances, as well as follow-up programmes and effective control for all overdue, late, and potentially overdue accounts
- Reach out to past due clients to obtain payment, commitment to pay, and follow through payment promises as well as claim payments
- Report short paid/disputed invoices with reasons for disputes and work with the internal department to speed up resolution
- Reconcile customer account including support with Infosys cash application team in order to clear credit items and customer payments
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfy these minimum eligibility requirements:
- Holds a Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or any related fields of study
- Must be a South African citizen
- Completed all credits or modules for all the above-mentioned fields of study with at least a final average of 60%
- Graduates of the 2016 academic year or later are preferred
What is the selection process?
The selection of candidates will be done in compliance with the company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets. People living with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
How do I apply?
Qualified individuals will need to set up an account on the company’s careers portal. Prepare the following documents for uploading once done with the account set up:
- Updated CV
- Certified copy of South African ID
- Proof of qualifications
- Academic records
Click here to access the account setup page.
Philips SA receives a large volume of applications, and only short-listed applicants will receive feedback.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
Know what it is like to work at one of the largest health technology companies by clicking the link below:
- How long will it take to complete?
The trainee programme will run for a period of 12 months.
- Where will it take place?
The successful candidate will be based in Johannesburg.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Philips SA Credit and Collections Trainee Programme 2021advert.