The Perishable Products Export Control Board is calling on suitable graduates to submit an application to qualify for its BI Data Engineer Graduate Programme intake for 2022. If you’re interested, be sure to go over the qualification requisites of the role before applying.
Founded in 1926, the PPECB provides quality certification as well as cold chain management to exporters and producers of perishable food products. Even as an independent service provider, the PPECB exists by virtue of the Perishable Products Export Control Act, No. 9, of 1983 to provide cold chain services to the perishable products sector.
In 1990, the PPECB was mandated by the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries to provide inspection and food safety services. Since its inception in 1926, the PPECB has been delivering essential services by strengthening the credibility of South Africa’s export certificate and the export competitiveness of the country’s perishable product sector.
PPECB BI Data Engineer Graduate Programme 2022
The BI Data Engineer Graduate role is based in PPECB’s headquarters in Cape Town – the purpose of which is to transform data to an enterprise-level for analytics and insights. The successful candidate will be responsible for fulfilling the following duties for the duration of the 12-month graduate programme.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the business to be able to attend to queries
- Analyze and understand available data
- Establish scripts and storage procedures for data extraction, conversion, and loading into master data systems and data warehouses
- Work closely with stakeholders as well as multiple teams within a dynamic and agile work setting
- Upload new data into the master data model
- Collect or provide data to relevant systems
- Perform data reconciliation from source to target systems
Who should apply?
Here is a rundown of the minimum eligibility requirements you need to meet to be considered for the role:
- A recent graduate of, or currently on the final year of qualification studying any of the following:
- BSc Information Systems or Computer Science
- BSc or BTech in Information Technology
- BSc in Data Analytics, Data Science
- BSc or BEng in Business Intelligence
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following:
- Data visualization
- Data Modelling
- SQL Design Thinking
- Proficient programming skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Able to produce quality results both independently or within a team
- Passionate about data
- Excellent statistical and mathematical skills
- Capable of planning, researching, analyzing and interpreting data
- Solid language and communication skills
- Demonstrates integrity and honesty at all times
- Proactive in self-learning, progress
What is the selection process?
As an equal opportunity employer, the PPECB is committed to the Employment Equity Act and gives preference to candidates belonging to designated groups.
How do I apply?
You can apply by creating an account on PPECB’s online jobs portal. Click on the link below to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 16 March 2022.
For enquiries, call PPECB directly at +27 21 930 1134.
Click on the link to view a PDF file of the PPECB BI Data Engineer Graduate Programme 2022 advert page.