The Perishable Products Export Control Board is calling on suitable graduates to submit an application and possibly qualify for its Junior Inspector Graduate Programme intake for 2022. If you’re interested, be sure to go over the qualification requisites of the role before applying.
Founded in 1926, the PPECB provides quality certification as well as cold chain management to exporters and producers of perishable food products. Even as an independent service provider, the PPECB exists by virtue of the Perishable Products Export Control Act, No. 9, of 1983 to provide cold chain services to the perishable products sector.
In 1990, the PPECB was mandated by the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries to provide inspection and food safety services. Since its inception in 1926, the PPECB has been delivering essential services by strengthening the credibility of South Africa’s export certificate and the export competitiveness of the country’s perishable product sector.
PPECB Junior Inspector (Temp) Graduate Programme 2022
The Junior Inspector role is a temporary position performing various functions at PPECB’s Operation Department in Grabouw, Western Cape. The primary responsibility of the Junior Inspector is to carry out equipment and product inspection as required through the Organization’s legislative mandate, specifically, to provide assistance during the Pome peak season.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform inspections and validate perishable products
- Conduct inspections of storage, transport, and handling of perishable goods
- Make sure BMS procedures, working instructions, and quality management systems are applied correctly
- Perform administrative tasks
- Develop and maintain favorable business relations with PPECB clients
- Liaise with various clients on specific jobs and decision outcomes
- Take part in relief dusty roster
- Commit to self-improvement in his/her area of responsibility
The PPECB currently has four (4) openings for this graduate role.
Who should apply?
You’re eligible to apply if you meet these minimum eligibility requirements:
- Hold a National Diploma in the areas of Food Science or Agricultural Science
- Preferably with National Certificate in Perishable Produce Export Technology
- Good exposure or even theoretical background in Pome fruit
- Able to produce superior results either independently or with minimal supervision
- Must have a 08 driver’s license and owns a reliable vehicle
What is the selection process?
As an equal opportunity employer, the PPECB is committed to the Employment Equity Act and gives preference to candidates belonging to designated groups.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on the Organization’s online jobs portal to apply.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 29 March 2022.
For enquiries, call PPECB directly at +27 21 930 1134.
Click on the link to view a PDF file of the PPECB Junior Inspector (Temp) Graduate Programme 2022 advert page.