The Perishable Products Export Control Board is calling on suitable individuals to submit an application and qualify for its Lab Technician Graduate Internship intake for 2021.
Founded in 1926, the PPECB provides quality certification as well as cold chain management to exporters and producers of perishable food products. Even as an independent service provider, the PPECB exists by virtue of the Perishable Products Export Control Act, No. 9, of 1983 to provide cold chain services to the perishable products sector.
In 1990, the PPECB was mandated by the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries to provide inspection and food safety services. Since its inception in 1926, the PPECB has been delivering essential services by strengthening the credibility of South Africa’s export certificate and export competitiveness of the country’s perishable product sector.
PPECB Lab Technician Graduate Internship 2021
The successful candidate will be part of the PPECB’s Lab Division and will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitate the use of preparative equipment and serve as technical support to the team
- Carry out administrative tasks
- Comply with financial and control guidelines
- Ensure adherence to statutory methodologies, ISO 17025 protocols, and quality management systems
- Delivery quality service to customers
- Ensure effective reporting and communication
Who should apply?
Candidates are expected to meet these minimum eligibility requirements:
- Holds a National Diploma or university qualification in Analytical Chemistry, Food Technology, or any relevant degree
- Must be computer literate with good skills in Microsoft tools such as Excel and Word
- Good technical expertise in Analytical Chemistry
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Solid administrative, communication, and reporting skills
- Exceptional organizing and planning skills
- Excellent analytical thinking skills
What is the selection process?
As an equal opportunity employer, the PPECB is committed to the Employment Equity Act and gives preference to candidates belonging to designated groups.
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to register their profile on PPECB’s careers page. Click on the link below to get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 3 May 2021.
For enquiries, call PPECB directly at +27 21 930 1134.
Click on the link to view a PDF file of the PPECB Lab Technician Graduate Internship 2021 advert.