Procter & Gamble is inviting suitable candidates to submit an application and qualify for its Procurement Internship Programme for 2021. Before submitting an application, be sure to review the minimum eligibility requirements below.
Also called P&G, Procter & Gamble is a multinational company with headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. P&G specializes in a broad spectrum of personal/consumer health, as well as hygiene and personal care. These products are distributed into several categories, which include, Health Care, Grooming, Beauty, Fabric and Home Care, and Feminine, Baby and Family Care. The company’s product line included snacks, foods and beverages before Kellog’s purchase of Pringles and other Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) such as Pampers, Always, Gillette, Ariel and Oral B.
P&G South Africa’s headquarters is in Sandton, Johannesburg. It also operates a Pampers manufacturing plant in Spartan Kempton Park in Gauteng province. In total, P&G South Africa employs more than 300 employees.
Procter & Gamble Procurement Internship 2021
The programme aims to select outstanding students and give them the opportunity for skills enhancement and work experience in the area of procurement. The successful candidates will be part of the Procurement Department and will be given exposure to opportunities and challenges that will develop their analytical, technical and commercial skills.
The procurement intern will have a chance to acquire skills in relationship management, sourcing strategy development and execution, and sourcing analytics. Moreover, the duties and responsibilities of the procurement intern include, but are not limited to:
- Establish solid working relations with internal partners from other departments such as Manufacturing, Logistics, and more
- Determine and push ideas for value creation, serving as an essential team member working with multi-functional teams
- Develop healthy professional relations with external business partners and suppliers
- Provide support with bidding, negotiations, and contract management
- Keep up to date with and study industry and new market developments, conduct industry benchmarks, and take charge of start-up ecosystem development
- Discover business-building strategies and cost-saving methods
- Innovate the supply chain through data analysis in support of business strategies
- Build and execute sourcing strategies
Who should apply?
- Currently pursuing a relevant bachelor’s or postgraduate degree
- Must have basic proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Excel and capable of learning new systems
- Available for the internship within the next six months
- Demonstrates leader and critical thinking skills
- Able to identify strategic opportunities and encourage others into disruptive thinking to achieve results
- A resident of Gauteng
- Good oral and written English skills
- Work experience not a requirement
- Holds a valid driver’s license
What is the selection process?
P&G assures applicants equal opportunities by employing an accessible and flexible recruitment process.
- Applicants will go through an online assessment to determine suitability for the position. Keep in mind that these assessments require complete concentration
- Assessments may be challenging and differ depending on the role being applied for. Some parts are timed and may take 20-60 minutes to complete
- Applicants who receive an invitation for an interview (in person or via phone) can look forward to the situational and behavioral-based interview, carried either in one-on-one or panel interviews
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to apply will need to register their profile on P&G’s jobs portal. Click on the link below to start the process.
The requisition number is PUR00001294.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, please refer to P&G’s help page by clicking the link.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Procter & Gamble Procurement Internship 2021.