PwC is a network of firms currently operating in 158 countries. The company employs over 236,000 professionals in the areas of advisory, assurance, and tax services.
In the African continent, PwC is the largest professional services provider with a 9,000-strong workforce in 34 countries. PwC South Africa employs 5,066 professionals in 21 offices all over the region.
PwC is recognized by FASSET as an accredited learning provider.
Listed below are some of the latest learnership programmes offered by PwC SA and are normally conducted either with SAIPA or SAICA accreditation.
SAIPA Assurance Learnership
PwC’s South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA) learnership programme is geared towards candidates who are working to become a professional accountant. Candidates will go through a three-year learnership programme working in the company’s Assurance line of business, specialising in accounting.
Training Contract – Assurance Learnership
The successful candidates to be admitted into the learnership are expected to hone inherent skills and acquire new ones. This expertise will then enable them to conduct audit procedures for clients then provide an analysis/opinion about their financial records. The learners will also work closely with the audit team for faster turn-around time. In addition, the learners are to progress through the three years of articles towards qualifying as a Chartered Accountant.
PwC offers continuous learnership opportunities in major cities in South Africa all throughout the year. These cities include, but are not limited to:
- Port Elizabeth
- eMalahleni (Witbank)
- Nelpspruit (Mbombela)
A SAIPA Assurance learnership lasts for three years and the learner is expected to work as a professional accountant, specifically in PwC’s Assurance line of service.
The same goes for learnerships that require candidates to come from a university with SAICA accreditation. A learner is to work with audit teams from the Assurance division as well.
Requirements or Eligibility
For those interested in joining the SAIPA learnership programme, you need to satisfy the minimum requirements listed below:
- An accounting degree graduate or a currently a student from an university recognized by PwC
- Amenable to a three-year training period towards qualifying as a professional accountant
- Must be MS Word, Excel, and Pastel
- Able to thrive in a high pressure environment
- Sound administration capabilities
- Willing to work overtime when needed
- Must be fluent in English and Afrikaans
For individuals interested in applying for the Training Learnership (SAICA) post to qualify as a Chartered Accountant, please see the below requirements:
For Grade 12 students
- Must be writing for acceptance to a university recognised by SAICA
- Must be taking pure Math (not Maths Literacy) and English
- Able to achieve 60% for all subjects
For university students
- Must achieve consistent passing marks in all subjects
- English proficiency and strong communication skills
- Has leadership qualities, driven, good interpersonal skills
- Currently studying or planning to study to qualify as a Chartered Accountant at a university recognised by SAICA
How to Apply
The PwC application process is uniform across training and learnership opportunities. If you meet the minimum criteria listed above, start the process by heading to their website and setting up an online profile. Click on the link below to get there:
Fill out the online form thoroughly and accurately. If you meet PwC’s minimum requirements, you’ll receive an interview invitation. Second step of the process is taking the assessments, after which there will be another round of interview. Finally, you will get an offer if you make it through the whole process.
Also Apply For: PwC Internship Programmes 2019
Opening and Closing Date
Due to PwC’s nature of business, there is a steady stream of learnership opportunities and are regularly posted on their website. To view all PcW job opening click here.
Click on the below link if you need to know more about PwC SA:
For enquiries about their recruitment process, just click here.