The Road Accident Fund (RAF) is calling on interested parties to apply for its Business Analyst Internship Programme for 2019.
Established in 1996 by the Road Accident Fund Act, the RAF replaced the Multilateral Motor Vehicle Accidents Fund. The RAF’s mandate is to provide appropriate coverage and promote road safety to all road users traveling within the borders of South Africa.
In addition, the Fund provides for the rehabilitation and compensation of people injured in road accidents. The RAF also covers foreigners in the event they are also injured in a road mishap. Coverage is of two types; personal insurance coverage for accident victims, and indemnity coverage for the offending party.
Business Analyst Internship Programme at RAF
The Road Accident Fund is offering its Business Analyst Internship Programme as one of its initiatives in developing essential skills among unemployed South African youth. This internship programme runs for a period of 12 months with the successful interns receiving a monthly stipend.
Successful interns will gain exposure fulfilling the following duties and responsibilities:
- BPMN-based Business Process Engineering/Modelling
- Accurate evaluation of data collected
- Manage and document standard operating procedures and business process documentation
- Operational report development and creation
- Conduct trends analysis for comparison with best practices and service levels
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve tactical and strategic targets
- Prepare functional and business requirement specifications
- Make sure business requirements are reflected in planning documents
The Business Analyst Internship programme does not guarantee permanent employment beyond the 12-month internship period.
Requirements or Eligibility
The ideal candidates must meet the programme’s minimum requirements in order to qualify:
- Completed a BSc or BCom degree or National Diploma qualification in Business Process Analysis or Industrial Engineering
- Must not have served as an intern or employed in the same field of specialization
- 18 to 35 years of age
- Must have good written, oral and presentation skills
- Basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knows how to prioritize tasks
How to Apply
Applications must include the following supporting documents:
- CV and letter of motivation
- Certified copy of Grade 12 or Matric results
- Certified copy of University academic records
- Certified copy of ID
Send your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to indicate the reference number 24052019BAI and the province (Pretoria) of the internship on the subject line of your email
- Applicants can only apply to a maximum of 3 positions
Click the link below to view the job advert:
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 04 June 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only the first 300 applications received by RAF will be reviewed. Applicants who have not received feedback six weeks after the closing date can consider their application as unsuccessful.
If you wish to know more about the Road Accident Fund, click the link below to visit its homepage: