The Road Accident Fund (RAF) is calling the attention of interested parties to apply for its Claims Internship Programme for 2019. Read on for more details about this internship opportunity.
Established in 1996 by the Road Accident Fund Act, the RAF replaced the Multilateral Motor Vehicle Accidents Fund. The RAF’s mandate is to provide appropriate coverage and promote road safety to all road users traveling within the borders of South Africa.
In addition, the Fund provides for the rehabilitation and compensation of people injured in road accidents. The RAF also covers foreigners in the event they are also injured in a road mishap. Coverage is of two types; personal insurance coverage for accident victims, and indemnity coverage for the offending party.
Claims Internship Programme at RAF
The Road Accident Fund is offering its Claims Internship Programme as one of its initiatives in developing essential skills among unemployed South African youth. This internship programme runs for a period of 12 months with the successful interns receiving a monthly stipend.
Successful interns will gain exposure in fulfillment of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Performing general office administration tasks
- Data collection
- Registering claims
- Verifying claims
- Conducting merits assessment and registration
- Monitor daily stats of daily activities regarding wok allocations and work to be assessed
- Provide monthly and daily stats as requested by Management
- Engage external stakeholders (e.g. consulting with claimants, road shows)
RFA’s Claimant Internship programme does not guarantee permanent employment beyond the 12-month internship period.
Requirements or Eligibility
The ideal candidates must meet the programme’s minimum requirements in order to qualify:
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree, Advanced diploma or National diploma course
- Must not have served as an intern or employed in the same field of specialization
- 18 to 35 years of age
- Must have good written, oral and presentation skills
- Basic knowledge on the use of computer
- Very eager to lean new things
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sharp eye for details
How to Apply
Applications must include the following supporting documents:
- CV and letter of motivation
- Certified copy of Grade 12 or Matric results
- Certified copy of University academic records
- Certified copy of ID
Send your application via email to: JHBinternship@raf.co.za
- Be sure to indicate the reference number CI24052019JH and the province (Johannesburg) of the internship on the subject line of your email
- Applicants can only apply to a maximum of 3 positions
Click the link below to view the job advert:
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 04 June 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only the first 300 applications received by RAF will be reviewed. Applicants who have not received feedback six weeks after the closing date can consider their application as unsuccessful.
If you wish to know more about the Road Accident Fund, click the link below to visit its homepage: