The Road Accident Fund (RAF) is calling the attention of interested parties to apply for its Claims Internship Programme for 2019. Read on for more details about this internship opportunity.
Established in 1996 by the Road Accident Fund Act, the RAF replaced the Multilateral Motor Vehicle Accidents Fund. The RAF’s mandate is to provide appropriate coverage and promote road safety to all road users traveling within the borders of South Africa.
In addition, the Fund provides for the rehabilitation and compensation of people injured in road accidents. The RAF also covers foreigners in the event they are also injured in a road mishap. Coverage is of two types; personal insurance coverage for accident victims, and indemnity coverage for the offending party.
Claims Internship Programme at RAF
The Road Accident Fund is offering its Claims Internship Programme as one of its initiatives in developing essential skills among unemployed South African youth. This internship programme runs for a period of 12 months with the successful interns receiving a monthly stipend.
Successful interns will gain exposure in fulfillment of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Processing direct claims, supplier claims and Mobile RAF
- Performing general office administration tasks, capturing and filing data related to clams administration
- Verifying, validating and registering claims
- Conducting merits assessment and registration
- Performing claims litigations, writ, summons and panel management
- Engage external stakeholders (e.g. consulting with claimants, road shows)
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must able to meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree, Advanced Diploma or relevant diploma in Law
- Obtained NQF level 4/Grade 12 certificate
- Highly motivated and knows how to prioritize tasks
- 18 to 35 years of age
- Must have good written, oral and personal skills
- Basic knowledge on the use of computer
- Very eager to learn new things
- Unemployed, and never been employed or served as an intern in the same field
How to Apply
Applications must include the following supporting documents:
- CV and letter of motivation
- Certified copy of Grade 12 or Matric results
- Certified copy of University academic records
- Certified copy of ID
Send your application via email to: JHBinternship@raf.co.za
- Be sure to indicate the reference number CDC17012020JHB and of the internship on the subject line of your email
- Applicants can only apply to a maximum of 3 positions
The deadline for submission of applications is on 28 January 2020. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only the first 300 applications received by RAF will be reviewed. Applicants who have not received feedback six weeks after the closing date can consider their application as unsuccessful.
For further information, contact the RAF directly at (012) 621 1691.
Click the link to view the RAF Claims Internship Programme advert.
- How long will it take to complete the internship?
This internship programme will run for a duration of 12 months.
- Is this a paid internship?
While this is a paid internship position, the stipend is TBD upon hire.
- Where will the internship take place?
The successful candidate will be serving the internship contract at RAF’s Johannesburg offices.