Ramsay Media, an affiliate of Highbury Media, is looking to take in applications from aspiring editors and be part of its Editorial Internship Programme for one of its brands, Getaway Magazine. Check out the requirements and eligibility criteria below to see if you qualify for this internship opportunity.
Established in 1933, Ramsay Media is a well-known special interest publishing brand that has gradually grown from a strong and secure magazine publisher into a cross-platform enterprise. Ramsay Media offers a wide range of mobile and digital opportunities, exhibitions, audio visual productions, events and various related media channels.
Ramsay media currently publishes five (5) titles that are mainly focused on travel. auto, and science and technology industry and are all catered towards the consumer market.
Ramsay Media (Getaway Magazine) Editorial Internship
The successful candidate will be joining Getaway Magazine, Ramsay Media’s travel publication. As an editorial intern, the incumbent will gain hands-on exposure performing the following task:
- Creating story ideas on a daily basis
- Help out in fact-checking stories
- Provide assistance with regular editorial work
- Be up-to-date with current national and international affairs
- Periodically manage social media platforms when necessary
- Must be willing to attend events when requested
Who should apply?
In order to be considered for this editorial internship position, applicants need to meet these minimum eligibility requirements:
- Holds a tertiary degree in English or Journalism
- Adept in the use of Photoshop, CMS, WordPress and a Mac OS
- Outstanding copy-editing, writing and organizational skills
- Highly capable of delivering quality output even under tight deadlines
- Amenable to working beyond regular work hours
- Work experience gained from the media industry is a plus
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position will need to register their profile on the company website. Click here to start the registration process.
Note that the link may no longer work if the position is no longer available.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 April 2020.
For enquiries, contact Ramsay Media directly by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where will the internship programme take place?
The incumbent will be joining the Getaway Magazine editorial team based in Ramsay Media’s Cape Town offices.
- When will the internship start?
The internship is projected to start by 04 May 2020.
Click the link to view the Ramsay Media Editorial Internship Programme 2020 advert.