British multinational corporation Relx is inviting qualified candidates who are interested in submitting their application and qualifying for its Customer Support Internship Programme. Read to know more about this internship opportunity.
Formerly known as Reed Elsevier, Relx is a group of companies that publish technical, medical, legal and scientific textbooks as well as organize exhibitions and offer decision-making tools.
The company is the result of the 1992 merger between Reed International (a British magazine and trade book publisher) and Elsevier, a scientific publisher based in the Netherlands. In February 2015, the name was rebranded as RELX.
Relx Customer Support Internship
As a Customer Support Intern, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide first line of customer support via phone, email and as a helpdesk representative
- Perform systems monitoring
- Log incident reports on the helpdesk application
- Analyze and troubleshoot customer issues
- Make sure customers remain updated at all times
- Conduct customer on-boarding
- Perform testing procedures
Who should apply?
Candidates will need to satisfy the following minimum eligibility requirements to be considered for the internship position:
- In the process of taking up and Information Technology degree or diploma, or
- A recent Information Technology graduate (diploma or degree) looking to gain actual work experience
- Tech-savvy and high computer proficiency
- Must possess a basic grasp of how a business operates and the various concepts involved
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Highly driven, proactive and self-motivated
- Eager to learn and apply new concepts and ideas
Good to haves:
- Must be knowledgeable with HML as well as other XML transformation programmes
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux system
- Knowledgeable with relational database management systems
How do I apply?
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements and would like to apply for the internship will need to create an account in order to apply. Click here to register your account.
The deadline for submission of applications is unavailable as of this writing.
Click the link to view the Relx Customer Support Internship Programme 2020 advert.