About Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone Company
Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone Company (SOC) Limited or also known as RBIDZ in short is a government-owned company that is situated in KwaZulu-Natal (Northern Coast) in South Africa. In addition to developing world-class infrastructure and ensuring competitive input costs for companies, the industrial development company also plays a key role in encouraging competitiveness by offering duty-free and tax-free incentives.
KwaZulu-Natal government completely owns RBIDZ and the company is responsible for reporting to DEDTEA (Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs.
Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone (RBIDZ) Internship 2022
Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone (RBIDZ) has currently announced Investment Promotions and Facilitation internship opportunities for graduate students.
An appropriate set of workplace skills and experience will be provided to the successful candidate to allow them to become competitive on the job market. The training and development areas are as follows, but are not limited to them:
The following duties will be performed by the interns:
Administration services: Support the BDS Managers with general administrative services and secretarial support, which includes but is not limited to:
- Responding to and registering the enquiries from investor enquiries coming from websites, telephone calls, walk-ins, referrals, etcetera, dtic, and business chambers.
- Maintaining the pipelines of generated leads and enquiries
- Ensuring that both the electronic and physical investor files are updated with the current investor information
- Preparation of minutes for meetings and compilation of reports
- Organize investor meetings by organizing the agenda, coordinating travel arrangements, and booking the Boardroom
- Promotions of investment
- Assemble the information required for internal deal-sourcing, due diligence, and screening
- Following up on inquiries and leads to see if they can be converted
- Build investor project files with clear timelines for each project that includes Letters of Intents, land applications, and acknowledgement letters
- Become familiar with the policies of Investor Attraction
- Become familiar with marketing strategy and investment promotion
- Take part in investment promotion events, inward missions, conferences, and exhibitions
- Familiarize yourself with the DTIC financial support schemes and incentives
- Understand the procedures and guidelines of the SEZ Policy
- Establishing links with Development Finance Institutions (DFIs)
- Organizing joint meetings between Investors and Financiers
- Contribute to the preparation of the Environmental Assessment
- Review Committee (ERC) and Interim Evaluation Committee (IEC) meetings
- Coordinating site visits for investors
- Relationships with customers and support
- Organizing delegations of business visitors, developing programmes, drafting invitation letters, coordinating logistics and arranging for on-site visits.
Who should apply?
Applicants must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements before applying to be considered for the internship programme. Failure to meet any of the eligibility criteria will lead to the cancellation of your application. Thus, make sure you meet all the criteria.
The minimum eligibility criteria are:
- The candidate must be between 20 and 35 years of age
- A Matriculation/Grade 12 degree is required
- One of the following qualifications must be completed:
- A national diploma in one of the following areas: Business Administration, Office Administration, Marketing, Business Economics, Project management or relevant fields
- A degree in one of the following fields: BCom, Marketing, Project Management, Economics, or Business Development Studies (preferred but not necessary)
- The applicant must be unemployed
- The candidate must not have any relevant work experience
- The candidate must not have previously participated in an internship programme
- A valid driver’s license is required
How do I apply?
Interested applicants must apply for the RBIDZ Investment Promotions and Facilitation internship online (Reference number: 153). You need to register there in the portal before applying.
Applicants also need to attach all the following mandatory documents to their application:
- Your updated CV (curriculum vitae)
- A copy of your qualification certification (certified copies)
- Certified copy of your ID (identity document)
- Copies of your driver’s license (certified copy)
- Documents pertinent to the position you are applying for
The application deadline is 16 March 2022. Any incomplete application or applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered for the internship programme.
If you have any queries regarding this internship programme, please feel free to directly contact the Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone (RBIDZ) at:
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 035 797 2600
Contact form: https://rbidz.co.za/index.php/contact