Rio Tinto, one of the largest metals and mining companies in the world, is inviting suitable graduates to apply for its upcoming Graduate Programme intake for 2022. Before submitting an application, make sure to review the minimum qualifications of the role to find out if you’re eligible.
About Rio Tinto
Founded in 1873, the Rio Tinto Group is the second-largest metal producer and mining company in the world. It produces copper, iron ore, gold, diamonds, uranium as well as refined bauxite. In 2019, the company posted a US$43.165 billion revenue and operating income of US$11.466 billion. Currently, the Rio Tinto Group has a global workforce numbering close to 47,000 employees.
Rio Tinto and Blue Horizon’s venture in KwaZulu-Natal is Richard Bay Minerals, one of the leading heavy mineral sands producers in the world. As South Africa’s leading mineral sand producer, RBM has been a big contributor to KwaZulu-Natal communities for more than 40 years.
Rio Tinto SA Graduate Programme 2022
Rio Tinto SA’s graduate programme runs for a duration of two years and is a comprehensive training programme where the successful candidates will encounter learning experiences that seek to provide the following:
- Hands-on experience performing actual tasks
- Professional and technical expertise
- Exposure to innovative technology, projects, and a wide range of digital learning materials
- Be part of a deeply diverse and inclusive team environment that promotes collaboration across commodities, markets, geographies, markets and disciplines
Successful applicants may look forward to the above-industry salary, eligibility for an annual salary review, an opportunity to join the company’s share plan and a generous performance bonus. In addition, you will have access to health and medical benefits, well-being benefits, savings and pension plan, educational assistance and career development.
Who should apply?
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Completed a bachelor’s degree from any engineering fields in 2020, 2021, or about to graduate in March 2022
- Must have no more than two years of work experience in a relevant capacity
- Legally able to work in South Africa
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants will need to apply online via the company’s recruitment page. Click the link below to get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 7 February 2022.
Rio Tinto SA reserves the right to discontinue the advert for any reason it may deem appropriate.
For more information, get in touch directly with Rio Tinto SA at +27 11 459 1260.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Rio Tinto SA Graduate Programme 2022 advert page.