The South African Association for Food Science and Technology is calling on suitably qualified applicants to submit an application to possibly qualify for a full-time bursary for the 2020 academic year.
SAAFoST is a non-profit, national organization that is largely overseen by volunteers and technical professionals working together in an effort to advance food science and technology. This is primarily achieved through its membership-based magazine publication entitled Food Science and Technology. The magazine promotes the publication of articles and papers, scientific research, seminars, organized meetings, exhibitions, workshops and educational services assistance to name a few. One of its most important educational initiatives is the SAAFoST Bursary Programme.
SAAFoST Food Science and Technology Bursary Programme 2020
The SAAFoST bursary programme will cover tuition fees up to R35 000 per year until the bursar graduates. The payments will go directly to the tertiary education institution in two installments each year. The initial payment depends on the bursar’s final results for the previous school year while the second installment is based on satisfactory performance in the first semester.
Who should apply?
Apply today if you meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Must be taking up a full-time undergraduate degree in Food Science and Technology
- Excellent academic performance or ability to demonstrate the potential for such
- Already enrolled for full-time Food Science and undergraduate course or diploma in a South African higher education institution
- Capable of completing the chosen course within the allotted period of the following:
- Diploma course – 3 years
- B Tech degree – 4 years
- Undergraduate course (up to B Sc Hons) – 3 years
- A South African resident or hold permanent residency status for a minimum of three years prior to applying
- Holds a SAAFoST membership for at least 12 months prior to application
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants who wish to pursue this bursary opportunity must follow these application steps.
Download the application form by clicking here.
Be sure to attach the supporting documents below:
- Certified copy of latest academic results
- Certified copy of RSA passport of ID book
- Personal statement
- Most recent passport size photo (head to shoulder)
- Proof of registration at a higher education institution for the 2020 academic year
Fully accomplished application forms, along with the supporting documents can be submitted in either three (3) ways:
via email to: email@example.com
via fax to: (086) 698 4784
or by post to:
SAAFoST Membership Development Officer
PO Box 35233
Menlo Park, 0102
All applications must be in before 15 January 2020. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For more information not covered in this article, please call SAAfost directly at (012) 349 2788.
Feel free to click on the link to view the SAAFost Food Science and Technology Bursary Programme 2020 advert.