South African Breweries is calling on suitable graduates interested in joining its Agriculture Internship for 2021. Before submitting an application, be sure to check the minimum qualification requirements of the programme.
The SAB Foundation was founded in 2010 by South African Breweries Ltd. This independent trust foundation invests millions of rands annually for the development of entrepreneurship in South Africa. With 8.4 million SAB Ltd. shares, the foundation uses the income from its shares to uplift the quality of life in communities all over South Africa.
By funding micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, the SAB Foundation seeks to empower disadvantaged individuals with a particular focus on women and the youth living in rural areas, as well as people with disabilities who are committed, and possess the potential to successfully run a business and generate jobs. The foundation hopes to improve their lives through entrepreneurship development.
SAB Agriculture Internship 2021
The SAB Agriculture Internship is a comprehensive training programme that will provide the successful candidate insight into the various aspects of agricultural development in the SAB environment which will include:
- Basic knowledge of the brewing and malting process
- Workplace safety
- Farm equipment operation
- Introduction to the barley seed chain and barley breeding
- Development and research methodologies as well as practical field trial execution
- Barley marketing, as well as cost budget inputting and tracking
- Production methods of raw materials for use in brewing
- Official certification
- AVCASA – chemical recommendations
- BASOS – fertilizer recommendations
- Grading courses – maize and barley
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to satisfy the minimum qualifications below to be considered eligible to apply:
- Holds a degree or in the final year of bachelor studies in Agriculture (BTech), BAgric, BSc Agric, or BSc Agric Hons, or MSc Agriculture
- Must be a major in Plant Production, Soil Science, Agronomy, or Crop Production
- Has no more than 3 years of actual work experience after graduation
- Applicants with a valid driver’s license will have an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Able to quickly learn new systems
The SAB Agricultural Internship will take place in Kimberley, in Northern Cape, and will run for a period of 12 months.
What is the selection process?
The selection of successful candidates will be based on the company’s Employment Equity Plan and applicable talent requirements. In addition, background checks and assessments form part of the recruitment procedures. The company reserves the right to make use of relevant information as a basis for short-listing candidates.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on the company’s recruitment portal. Click here to get started.
No deadlines for submission of applications have been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, get in touch with South African Breweries by filling out this contact form.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the South African Breweries Agricultural Internship Programme 2021 advert.