South African Breweries Ltd. is calling on suitable graduates interested in joining its Millwright Apprenticeship for 2022. Before submitting an application, be sure to check the minimum qualification requirements of the programme.
Founded in 1895 as Castle Brewery, the brewing company changed to its present name when Anheuser-Busch InBev bought the company (formerly SABMiller) in October 2016. Now a division of AB InBev, it now manages a portfolio of more than 500 beer brands including, Corona, Budweiser, Stella Artolis, and a lot more.
SAB Millwright Apprenticeship 2022
Based in SAB’s Polokwane Brewery in Limpopo, the Millwright Apprentice will have access to training that enables the successful candidate to develop as a skilled tradesman, as well as acquire knowledge and expertise in the chosen trade.
Duties and responsibilities
- Commit to and successfully complete the 3 to 4-year apprenticeship as required by the Company/SETA
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental policies and legislation
- Assess and repair equipment breakdowns
- Ensure continuous optimization of plant processes, as well as process equipment and system
- Develop machine-specific technical competence
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to satisfy the minimum qualifications below to be considered eligible to apply:
- Completed Grade 12 (with Math and Science) and at least an N4 Level Millwright certification – a higher level National Technical certification is an advantage
- A team player who can also work independently
- Driven, highly self-motivated
- An agile thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail and an aptitude for engineering
- Physically fit with good vision
- Amenable to shifting work schedules and attending periodic training in Johannesburg
What is the selection process?
The selection of successful candidates will be based on the company’s Employment Equity Plan and applicable talent requirements. In addition, background checks and assessments form part of the recruitment procedures. The company reserves the right to make use of relevant information as a basis for short-listing candidates.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to complete an online application form on SAB’s online recruitment page. Click the link below to get started:
No deadlines for submission of applications have been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, get in touch with South African Breweries by filling out this contact form.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the SAB Millwright Apprenticeship 2022 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.