In South Africa, the public broadcaster is the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC). The company broadcasts to the general public 19 radio stations (AM and FM) and six television programs. State-owned companies are among the largest in South Africa.
SABC (Administrator – Operations) Internship 2022
SABC (Internship Administrator: Operations) is offering internship opportunities to interested candidates.
Location: Auckland Park
It is the responsibility of the Administrator Operations to ensure all aspects of pre-production, production, and post-production will be rendered in an efficient manner in accordance with the requirements and objectives of the Unit.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- A full budget must be completed in advance of upcoming sporting events (e.g. athletics, soccer, the information hub, cricket, etc.)
- They are responsible for managing each event contained in their respective portfolios.
- All travel bookings for the above events have been completed correctly.
- Notify the crew and follow up
- Production crews on-site as well as at the venue are accredited for local as well as foreign events.
- Always available in case of an emergency at all events they manage
- Make note of issues that arise at those particular events by attending the venues. Taking responsibility at the event on behalf of SABC Sport Management.
- Be aware of any changes made by relevant stakeholders regarding event dates
- Participate in weekly pre and post-production meetings, as well as departmental budget meetings and logistical meetings
- In order to reconcile production budgets, make sure all deviation reports are available.
- A pre-event preparation for a special event
- Assist the SABC as an ambassador in foreign countries
- Consult with sport federations about logistical arrangements for special events
- Working smart with production to ensure cost efficiency will prevent overspending on production budgets
- Provides assistance to the production accountant with projections of production budgets once the reconciliation has been completed.
- Ensure all workflows are approved and SAP is complete.
- Make sure that production advances are reconciled and accounted for
- Before booking crew, ensure they are legally able to work.
- Ensure that operational budgets and resources are utilized effectively
- Collaborate with the executive producers as well as any other internal stakeholders in order to meet the Division’s operational requirements.
- Keep in touch with external stakeholders like the government and SABC sponsors and funders.
- Make sure that relevant legislation, procedures, and SABC policies are followed.
- Contribute to the drafting of relevant SOPs and ensure compliance.
- Attend all relevant meetings as and when required.
- Monthly/quarterly reports should be compiled and submitted.
- Using SAP, load payments for local and foreign vendors.
- Produce POs for productions using SAP, while managing the SCM process.
- Creating and managing sports projects on SAP
- Contribute to the monthly schedule, e.g. serial numbers (WBS’s), episode counts, broadcast titles, platform, the correct financial genre, etc.
- Creating and managing budget uploads in SAP
- Ensure all relevant information is included in the budget, such as correct budgeted amounts and monitoring of correct WBSs with correct account numbers.
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders release budgets in full.
Who should apply?
Candidates must fulfill the below-mentioned criteria to be eligible for the SABC (Internship Administrator: Operations) internship programme 2022:
- National Diploma in Media Studies, Administration Communications, or an equivalent qualification (NQF 6)
- Work independently or as part of a team on projects and follow instructions
- An understanding of Microsoft Office
- Dedicated to customer satisfaction and teamwork
- Communication skills, both written and oral, should be excellent
How do I apply?
Applicants must apply for the SABC (Internship Administrator: Operations) online here.
Note: You need to register and create an account before applying.
The deadline for submitting applications is 19 March 2022.