SABC (South African Broadcasting Corporation) is a national public broadcaster owned by the South African government. It operates radio and television stations nationwide. In addition, it produces an online news website.
Informing, educating, and entertaining. This has been a long-term commitment of the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC), which has a history of consistently delivering content to its viewers since its inception.
The SABC serves millions of South Africans with entertainment, news, and information. The vision of the organization is to become the country’s and continent’s credible voice and representative.
SABC Internship (Administrator: Commissioning – Operations) 2022
The purpose of the internship is to provide the Commissioning Office with efficient administrative service through the administration of all proposals, ideas, concepts and licenses submitted to the Division, internal and external.
Location: Auckland Park
- Adopt and implement the station’s Digital Media Strategy
- Research and benchmark Radio Digital media environments in order to apply best practices. Collect detailed information.
- Develop various digital projects and campaigns with station management and the Digital & OTT Manager
- Prepare clear, concise, and comprehensible campaign briefs.
- In the case of a Digital Product Specialist or Marketing Manager, this task involves coordinating and overseeing the implementation of digital projects as tasked by that person or company
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation of commercial campaigns.
- To ensure that digital platforms and activities are functional, perform administrative tasks.
- Collect data from various digital platforms and metrics to contribute to weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Reports specific to campaigns should be updated and compiled.
- Daily monitor social media channels for comments and postings and engage audiences through a variety of social media apps, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and own SABC platforms.
- Integrate video, photo, and effects into sharable, compelling visual content to grow community engagement and growth.
- Digital media platforms of the station are used to promote station content
- Improve the efficiency of search engines.
- Risks and compliance should be monitored and reported.
- Ensure the credibility of information and reduce risks by implementing internal control measures.
- Make sure that policies, SLAs, and applicable laws are followed.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with radio station producers and presenters with the intention of advising them on how to take advantage of their digital footprint.
- Liaise with internal and external teams to ensure that digital projects and campaigns are successfully executed.
- Provide compelling content such as video, images, and moving images at both station and client events.
- Ensure a positive culture of knowledge building, information sharing, and results-oriented behaviour among the station management.
Who should apply?
Applicants must satisfy the minimum entry requirements to stand a chance to qualify for the internship programme. Failing to meet any of the criteria will lead to the cancellation of your application.
Following are the minimum eligibility requirements:
- Diploma in media studies or Digital Marketing, or a related discipline (NQF 6)
- A certificate or Diploma in Graphic Design or Digital Marketing would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in digital marketing techniques and tools, as well as design software.
- Experience with digital marketing campaigns.
- Follow instructions well and be able to work independently as well as part of a team on campaigns and projects.
- Conceptualizing campaigns and new ideas – planning scenarios.
- Ability to use analytical tools to make informed decisions based on a good understanding of digital reporting metrics.
- Analyzing digital trends.
- Research abilities are strong.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Customer-oriented and well-organized
- Proficiency in the broadcast language of the radio station
How do I apply?
Applicants must submit the application online through the website below.
Note: Applicants need to register at the website before submitting their application.
The deadline for submission of applications is 19 March 2022.
Note: To be considered for the internship programme, applicants are required to submit their applications before the deadline. Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered.