The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) is a national government-owned entity that operates TVs and radio stations that broadcast programs across South Africa. Also, it produces a news site running on the internet. SABC has its headquarters in Aukland Park, Johannesburg. The SABC serves millions of South Africans with entertainment, news, and information. The mission of the organization is to be one of the country’s and continent’s credible voices and representatives.
SABC Internship (Contracts Administrator x4 (BD) Video Entertainment) 2022
SABC is inviting applications for the Contracts Administrator x4 (BD) Video Entertainment internship. The main purpose of the position is to efficiently and effectively process Exploitation Fees and Repeat Fees in accordance with the SABC’s standard organizational requirements.
Location: Auckland Park
- Processing of Repeat Fees payments and Exploitation Fees for different broadcasts within the SABC.
- Eliminate duplicate claims and high-interest charges by ensuring timely processing of claims.
- Keeping accurate records of all transactions.
- Compile reports based on broadcasts on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Verify SABC obligations by requesting contracts from the legal department.
- Verify broadcast schedules with channels
- Determine the client’s obligations to pay performers, scriptwriters, and commissions
- Through agreements, TVBMS database, and the review of master tapes and police tapes, verify production companies, writers and actors
- Provide clients with commercial exploitation and repeat fee statements based on finance calculations.
- Prepare and manage payment requisitions with the Financial Manager and Line Manager.
- Keeping track of payment processes and statuses in a filing system.
- Financial information and journals are used to track payments to beneficiaries.
- Obtain all required documents (HR22, Affidavit, ID, Proof of Banking Details, Registration document) from clients and submit to appropriate departments to manage relationships with new independent contractors.
- Interaction with stakeholders on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure that SABC policies and procedures are followed
- Filling out claims electronically and manually should be maintained and updated.
- Invoice claimants and notify them of claims
- As per standard operating procedures, make sure claimants submit the correct documentation.
- Ensure that claims are signed off in accordance with SOPs
- Payable claims must be fully executed
- All physical and electronic documentation related to all claims (accepted or not) should be filed in an effective, efficient, accessible and reliable manner.
- Answer all queries – internal and external – promptly and accurately
- Follow up on, inform, and provide solutions to any and all queries pertaining to internal and external stakeholders
- Performing ad hoc duties upon request of the manager.
- Ensure compliance with SABC policies and procedures
Who should apply?
Applicants are required to satisfy the minimum entry requirements to stand a chance to qualify for the internship programme. Failing to meet any of the criteria will lead to the rejection of your application.
Following are the minimum eligibility requirements:
- National Diploma in Administration or equivalent qualification in Administration disciplines (NQF 6)
- It will be advantageous if you have a Project Management Certification (PRINCE / PMBOK).
- Working independently and as a member of a team on projects while following instructions
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Organizes well and focuses on customer satisfaction
How do I apply?
To apply for the position, applicants must submit an online application. Please click here to register and apply online: SABC Internship Contracts Administrator x4 (BD) Video Entertainment (10473)
The closing date of the application is 19 March 2022.
Note: Late submissions or incomplete applications will not be considered.