SABC (South African Broadcasting Corporation) is a national public broadcaster owned by the South African government. It operates radio and television stations nationwide. In addition, it produces an online news website.
Informing, educating, and entertaining. This has been a long-term commitment of the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC), which has a history of consistently delivering content to its viewers since its inception.
The SABC serves millions of South Africans with entertainment, news, and information. The vision of the organization is to become the country’s and continent’s credible voice and representative.
SABC (Internship Digital Assistant) 2022
A key responsibility of this position is to assist the SABC and its stakeholders in growing the SABC’s digital communities, by developing, managing, tracking, and optimizing the radio station’s digital properties. Role responsibilities include coordinating radio station digital campaigns and projects by collaborating with the station’s marketing and programming teams in order to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of all digital properties.
SABC ( Internship Digital Assistant) – Auckland Park
SABC (Internship Digital Assistant: Radio 2000 ) – Auckland Park
SABC ( Internship Digital Assistant: Motsweding FM ) – Mmabatho
SABC (: Internship Digital Assistant: Metro FM ) – Auckland Park
SABC (Internship Digital Assistant: Ligwalagwala FM ) – Nelsprut
SABC ( Internship Digital Assistant: Lesedi FM) – Bloemfontein
SABC (Internship Digital Assistant: Ikwekwezi FM ) – Auckland Park
SABC (Internship Digital Assistant: 5FM ) – Auckland Park
SABC (Internship Digital Assistant Lotus FM (KZN)) – Durban
- Implement the station’s Digital Media Strategy
- Research and benchmark Radio Digital media environments in order to apply best practices. Collect detailed information.
- Develop various digital projects and campaigns with station management and the Digital & OTT Manager
- Prepare campaign briefs that are clear, concise, and easy to understand.
- Coordination and supervision of digital campaigns and projects tasked by the Digital Product Specialist or Marketing Manager
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation of commercial campaigns.
- Ensure the functionality of digital platforms and activities by performing administrative tasks.
- Collect data from various digital platforms and metrics to contribute to weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Reports specific to campaigns should be updated and compiled.
- Daily monitor social media channels for comments and postings and engage audiences through a variety of social media apps, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and own SABC platforms.
- Integrate video, photo, and effects into sharable, compelling visual content to grow community engagement and growth.
- Utilize the station’s digital media platforms to promote station content
- Efficiencies of search engines can be improved.
- Risks and compliance should be monitored and reported.
- Ensure information is credible and reduce risk by using internal control measures.
- Make sure that policies, SLAs, and applicable laws are followed.
- Develop relationships with station producers and presenters with the intent of advising and leveraging their digital footprint.
- Manage the implementation of digital projects and campaigns in collaboration with internal and external teams.
- At both station and client events, capture videos, images, and compelling content.
- Build a culture that promotes positive energy, knowledge building, and results-oriented outcomes in support of the station management.
Who should apply?
In order to be considered for the internship program, applicants must satisfy the minimum entry requirements. Your application will be canceled if any of the criteria are not met.
The following minimum requirements must be met:
- A qualification in Digital Marketing (NQF 6) or a related discipline (NQF 7)
- Having a certificate or diploma in Digital Marketing or Graphic Design would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in digital marketing techniques and tools, as well as design software.
- Experience with digital marketing campaigns.
- The ability to follow instructions and work independently and in a team on campaigns and projects.
- Conceptualizing campaigns and new ideas – planning scenarios.
- Ability to use analytical tools to make informed decisions based on a good understanding of digital reporting metrics.
- Trends in digital technology.
- Research abilities are strong.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Customer-oriented and well-organized
- Proficiency in the broadcast language of the radio station
How do I apply?
Applicants must submit their applications online through the website below.
Note: Before submitting an application, applicants must register on the website.
Applications must be submitted by 19 March 2022.
Note: Applications must be submitted before the deadline to be considered for the internship programme. No applications submitted after the deadline will be considered.