Owned by the national government, the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) runs television and radio stations throughout the country. In addition, it provides Internet news services.
The SABC is headquartered in the suburb of Auckland Park in Johannesburg. Its offices, broadcast studios, and radio stations are located there. In other parts of South Africa, the SABC has more offices and studios. SABC transmitters are located throughout the country.
SABC Internship: (Internal Control) 2022
Graduates interested in joining the Operations team of SABC have an exciting opportunity. This 12-month program is designed to ensure the department receives the administrative support they need to ensure the effective implementation of business initiatives or programs that are aligned with SABC’s objectives.
Location: Auckland Park
About the Team
The organization’s governance team monitors and measures its policies, resources and procedures. During the internship, the intern will be responsible for improving operational efficiency, identifying and eliminating fraud, as well as ensuring adherence to relevant regulations.
Key Responsibilities and roles includes:
- Assist business in resolving issues uncovered through Internal Control Assessments, Risk Control, Business Process Mapping, and Matrix Analysis or when the business identifies a controlb related issue through an internal audit or regulatory review.
- Develop a Risk and Control Matrix in support of the Internal Controls function.
- Internal control deficiencies are assessed overall and are monitored on a continuous basis.
- Monitoring and developing Control Self-Assessment reports.
- In order to address the identified control weakness, you will be monitoring the completion of all the business’s activities in order to ensure the agreed-upon changes have been implemented and updated.
- Monthly monitoring and reporting of Internal Controls is required.
- Maintain SAP and Visio statistics and report them on a monthly basis.
- Support the Internal Controls division in ensuring continuous improvement and the delivery of the corporate and business plans.
- Working with many businesses and provinces to complete Internal Control Assessments, Business Process Mappings, Risk Controls, and Matrixes.
Who should apply?
A candidate must meet all the minimum eligibility requirements prior to applying for the SABC Internal Control internship programme. Any application that does not meet the following criteria will not be considered:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Auditing, Business Management, Risk Management, or Accounting (NQF6/7).
- Regulations of the National Treasury,
- Internal Auditing,
- Compliance, Governance, and Risk Model
- An outline of the business plan
- Knowledge of the system
- Visualizing and mapping business processes
- Management of projects
- ISO 31000
How do I apply?
Here is the link you need to click to submit your online application:
Internship Internal Control x2 (10290)
Note: Applicants must register on the website before they can submit their applications online.
Applicants must submit their applications by 19 March 2022.