Informing, educating, and entertaining. This has been a long-term commitment of the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC), which has a history of consistently delivering content to its viewers since its inception. SABC’s ambition is to play a significant role in nation-building and to secure a stable funding base for the future, it aims to play an important role in nation-building. This enterprise is one of the largest in South Africa.
SABC Master Controller Internship 2022
South African Broadcasting Corporation has an exciting opportunity for three Organisation Development Graduates to join their Human Resource (HR) team.
This internship programme aims to provide students with a chance to receive work experience in the field of broadcasting. The position is available to those who have completed their diploma/degree in electrical engineering (L/C) or Diploma in Sound Engineering/ Film & TV AND interested in learning more about broadcasting at the Master Control Centre.
About the Team
The MCC Team ensures the effective and efficient setup of equipment, coordinating, routing, and facilitating the distribution of broadcast content within the Master Control system to ensure that SABC products are transmitted faultlessly and successfully (OB TV & Radio Production / Production Studios /Regional Links).
Location: Auckland Park
Managed Operational Performance
- In order to reduce downtime, provide stakeholders with effective operational support
- Meet the service standards of MCC stakeholders
- Transmit material according to schedule
- Signal switching and communication circuit switching according to booking requirements (internal & external)
- Follow stakeholder requests for changes to the schedule
- Establish Metro Ethernet, Internet Protocol and satellite transceivers, as well as a central broadcast communication system that complies with broadcast standards.
- Provide fault/incident reports on time and according to the requirements
- To ensure optimal performance and compliance with standards, all equipment and incoming lines are regularly tested
- Perform basic operational troubleshooting quickly and accurately during production and transmission of broadcast signals
- Prepare for production sessions by familiarizing yourself with the requirements
Who should apply?
Applicants must meet all the minimum eligibility criteria before applying for the SABC Master Controller Internship 2022. Your application will not be considered if you fail to meet any of the following criteria:
- S4/T3 in Electrical Engineering (Light Current) National Diploma
- Film and Television or Sound Engineering Diploma
- Physical characteristics: No colour blindness, excellent hearing, and excellent eyesight.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Communicates effectively and is capable of leading a team if necessary.
- Microsoft Office proficient, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Capacity to handle conflict and work under pressure
- To provide 24/7 on-air facility coverage, you must be willing to work irregular hours and shifts
How do I apply?
To submit your application, please click on the following link:
Internship Master Controller X2 (10141)
Note: Applicants need to register at the website before proceeding with filing the application.
The application deadline for this internship programme is 19 March 2022. Applicants must submit their application within the deadline to be considered for the internship programme. Late applications will not be considered.